Sky Ray DX6, another failed example from China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought this cheap China made torch from Aliexpress and brought it with my liveaboard trip. It has 6 LEDs and is claimed more than 6000 lumens brightness. On land, the light is not as bright as my another 1000 lumens light. In the water, I have no idea because water leaked into the light and everything went dark in less than 10 seconds after I jumped into the water. It shut down when I started releasing air from BCD. Luckily that my dive lead had spare torch so i could continue that night dive.

I would like to remind anyone who is about to buy cheap product from China to rethink again. I don't say all China made flashlights are bad but my DX6 is one of the bad products. From my experience about flashlights from China, I bought 4-5 Brynite products and they are great. But I failed this time with the Skyray.

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom