Sleaze in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow ggunn, now ya had to go and bring Frank Zappa into the convo? Doncha know broken hearts are for a**holes?

somebody please kill this thread. now? ok? enuf already

move along past the red zone:)

Dave,

you have the best shop and crew on the island, dont change a thing, cant wait to get back in the water with your premier organization. - Oh no i just expressed my opinion on an internet forum, if this offends anyone i am sorry - wake up people it is the internet, stop being so sensitive.

Dave, having dove with Dive Choice Mexico for the past two years, and again this coming April, I find myself uneasy in reading that you name only two dive shops and then finish the sentence with "etc" under the heading "Sleaze in Coz". While re-reading your post it doesn't seem your intent was to call them out, but rather it was to state what goes on behind the scenes.
When I'm diving with Dive choice Mexico, I'm not subjected to any "behind the scenes" info...just good diving, good DMs and friendly and familiar faces. I can tell you that in the 5 or so years I've known Karen I've never once heard her have a negative word about any other dive shops on the island. I'm sure she has her opinions, but friendly professionalism is all we get.....that works for us.

I am not going to point fingers at anyone in particular, but a recurring theme I see in this forum is people complaining about the "party line", and what opinions are "allowed", etc. Some have even gone so far as to accuse the forum moderators of influencing content by deleting dissenting posts for reasons other than promoting civil discourse. (Some text deleted)

I got the impression during the Scuba Mau deep dive incident that some discussion was stifled. My OPINION is that the truth never was revealed about the events surrounding that incident.

d561f9901947012f2fc600163e41dd5b.gif

Thank you for clarifying the intent of your post Dave!

I don't really want to add to the controversy, but feel the need to state my opinions on the matter.

1. Dive more, argue less.

2. Time for an updated restaurant list.

3. Don't get refried beans and tortillas as a meal in any restaurant anywhere, especially in Mexico.

I don't really want to add to the controversy, but feel the need to state my opinions on the matter.

1. Dive more, argue less.

2. Time for an updated restaurant list.

3. Don't get refried beans and tortillas as a meal in any restaurant anywhere, especially in Mexico.

What an OUTRAGE!!! :flame: You clearly have never had the refried bean appetizer with tortillas to dip at El Moro!! :soapbox:

I have never heard a complaint. (But we do always drive with the windows down..... :rofl:)

It's funny, or tragic that the OP could have been writing about the shops here in Key Largo. It's one of a few reasons we moved ScubaBoard's invasion to Cozumel. We had a great time, and I really didn't experience any cut-throat antics. Heck, no one even approached me about hosting the next Invasion. I don't think any are big enough or carry the clout we need. If they did, they would be advertising with us. That's OK, we are having fun with Dive Paradise the Hotel Cozumel. Good peeps, great times and awesome diving. The rest are just details.

BTW, until you've had a jalapeno y cucumber margarita at Wet Wendy's, you really haven't lived. :ijs:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom