sleeve or silicagel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reti1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello !
How now is the same .Silicagel or the slleve molecule? First is SIO2 and second ?
Bouth made a same job .absorb the wather from atmosfere . I need to now if the sleeve molecule from the compressors filter is the same substance with SIO2.
Of cours with the same carbon activate .........

Silica Gel adsorbs moisture BUT only at lower temperatures and lesser capacity than Molecular Sieves (MolSiv). MolSiv is MUCH more efficient, drying down to -102f, and has moisture capacity up to 22% of it's own weight. Also has some capacity for Carbon Dioxide (CO2).

I am from Romania and it is farway from USA.....I have only this silicagel ..Is not a problem to chage the filter more fast than normal.
I have carbon activate and silicagel in my truck 100kg ,I see in your web page more stuff for compressors and some time I buy from USA be cose here in europe is to expensive.....hahahah than your country.Best regards !
Reti.

I see in my truck 2 diferit tipe of the silicagel one microporos and second macroporos .Wich is better Mr Kaplan?

Am not sure of these grades (micro vs. macor poros). Is there a brand name and product number? Also, be sure to keep the material protected against atmospheric humidity as this will surely deaden the activity of the material in short order.

Molecular sieves are universally used for breathing air applications because they remove oil and hydrocarbons as well as water. Water may rust your tanks, but oil can mess up your lungs, so the ability to remove oil is probably more important than the ability to remove moisture. Silica gel, best as I can recall, is not much use with oil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom