Slow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TC:
start drinking heavily while you wait for the pages to load, it'll be fixed in no time.

ok.... I was wondering if Alcohol was the reason for some of the dumb-ass posts in the the Bonaire theft threads... now I know...

The servers were operating at a max of %14 of their capacity for the past few days... that's not shabby. The bandwidth is down a tad too. Possibly the winter storms are causing connectivity issues. I have had a few sites load intolerably slow yesterday, but not ScubaBoard. Load times for me are righteous.

Usually when the servers approach %90 of their capacity is when we have an issue where everyone thinks we are slow. It's been almost a year since we went to the new server schema and we have yet to exceed %20 since then. Before, we hovered at about %85-95, The only down time this past year was caused by our Data center installing a 20 amp breaker in our 30 amp cabinet. Our 9 servers draw 21 amps under a full load. Of course they blamed our servers for some massive spike until I pointed out the inadequate breaker. I really didn't care whose fault it was... I just wanted it fixed! :D

I'll have to say that SB has been pretty "rock solid" in the last year with very little downtime compared to issues several years ago... :thumb:

I think it's Mike_S

8149-bigthumbnail.jpg

:thumb: :rofl3:

Actually a "past staffer" did blame me (and my old signature "bug" (not the current one) ) for poor performance of the board on some threads. (It was 800k).

However, they didn't check the fact that it was hosted externally and not on Scubaboard before they blamed it on me... **snicker**.

On my work computer its always slow. 30-45 seconds to load a page.
It could be the fact that all our computers are Dell

Maybe the terrorists have taken over SB

you prob just have too many "old threads" open.

click the below link and it will clean them all up, optimizing your performance...

Scubaboard (TM) Thread Cleaner

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

I really hate my work computers

Maybe the terrorists have taken over SB
Yeah, but I did that a long time ago! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom