Slow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was NORMAL last night just hope it stays that way.:D
Hope has nothing to do with our current stability. Our DB engineer is a frickin Genius with lasers on his head.

Hey, 'doc; test out the connection by telling us all about the Texas Dive Show!

OMG, I am so sorry! I thought you meant you couldn't get out that day! Weather thoroughly mucked up a WHOLE LOT of travel plans! :hugs:

Yeah, they canceled my flights. It sounded like a great show too!

That's way too bad! Sure wish I could've gone . . . I have to admit I was kind of hoping for a flight cancellation . . . I KNOW the weather was better in Dallas that it was in Illinois!!!

I am now experiencing SB being non-responsive. I click on the "last post" button, and it takes over two minutes to load, if it doesn't time out.

I have several other tabs open, and those sites (facebook, ebay, auction sniper, etc) are doing just fine, as is google earth.

SB either responds immediately, or churns the wait wheel. It started shortly after my last post in this thread, and has been happening more and more frequently.

Right now, I cannot load any of my "User CP" threads.

One thing people may want to check while the problems are actually occurring is whether there's a network problem between you and the SB server.

Open a command line window. First, try pinging the server ("ping www.scubaboard.com"). If the connection is working well, it should be reporting a response time of less than a couple of hundred ms, and generally well less than that. (Also, depending on the OS, you may have to hit something like ctrl-c, ctrl-d, ctrl-z or ctrl-break to get it to stop pinging.)

If ping is successful, try traceroute ("traceroute www.scubaboard.com" or for Windows users, "tracert www.scubaboard.com"). This will slowly show the list of routers between you and the server. Generally, most people will show 10-20 'hops'. If it hits 30 hops, things may be going in circles and you might suspect a network problem. Some routers you're passing through may not respond to traceroute requests, and you can generally ignore those, but if there's no response data after a certain hop, there might also be an issue.

PS. For your own protection, some Internet security types recommend not posting traceroute results in a public forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom