(Small) Electrical Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walucas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I just ran into this portable electrical compressor Portable Mini Electric Pcp 3000 Psi Air Compressor - Buy 3000 Psi Air Compressor,Mini Electric Pcp,Air Compressor Product on Alibaba.com and was wondering if someone has used or has experience with it.
I live in a small place and cannot have a big compressor, and am trying to avoid gas one, so this looks like an option, but since it has a nonusual brand (or any), I am not sure if it will work or is safe.

Its a couple hundreds only, so maybe its worth risking?
Anyway, looking for opinions.

it's water cooled so you have to have water running continuously through it to keep it cool
you still need to put some sort of filtration on there, so make sure to factor that in
durability probably is not there so I wouldn't count on any long term durability from it. Definitely not going to be continuous duty rated so you'll probably be able to fill 1 tank, have to wait an hour to cool off, then another.

Other options I'd look at before risking that

At the bottom of the linked advertisement there is the following FAQ:

1.How long will it take to fill a 450cc tank?

The first time you fill it will take a longer as you are going from 0-3,000 psi. So the first time like 20-30 min. It will take at least 15 pumps for every 10 bar pressure of your need in the 450cc tank. It all depends on how tough you are really.

An AL80 tank is approximately 11,000cc. This means that it will take approximately 8 to 12 hours to fill one tank assuming that a filtration system does not slow the whole process down some.

At the bottom of the linked advertisement there is the following FAQ:

1.How long will it take to fill a 450cc tank?

The first time you fill it will take a longer as you are going from 0-3,000 psi. So the first time like 20-30 min. It will take at least 15 pumps for every 10 bar pressure of your need in the 450cc tank. It all depends on how tough you are really.

An AL80 tank is approximately 11,000cc. This means that it will take approximately 8 to 12 hours to fill one tank assuming that a filtration system does not slow the whole process down some.

I think that answers the question! Its not practical....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom