SMB Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I to just got the 5 1/2 foot OMS. I used it twice this weekend for practice. I think I need a third hand to deploy faster. I need more practice. The OMS worked great the 30 lbs of lift is great. you can really hang on it. So make sure to practice with it.

As your location isn't indicated, it's hard to say if this is sufficient for your needs. Much depends upon the waves that you have in your local area. I use a 10' sausage that sometimes can't be seen because of wave action, so it really depends on the conditions that are present. If you're in calm water, this may be suffieient for your purposes.

I'm located in Jersey about half a mile from the beaches. I mainly plan on dives in the area and a couple boat dives and trips to Dutch Springs.

I to just got the 5 1/2 foot OMS. I used it twice this weekend for practice. I think I need a third hand to deploy faster. I need more practice. The OMS worked great the 30 lbs of lift is great. you can really hang on it. So make sure to practice with it.

Thanks for the advice. I plan on practicing it a couple times before my advanced class so I know what I'm doing when I get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom