Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Smokers shouldn't be in the water

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Don't smoke, Don't care who smokes

Votes: 57 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinman, don't waste your energy on this one.....:rolleyes:

dm

Hey, that might be really cool! Ya think they can find a seahorse big enough for Textan 17 saddle? I'd be gentle and use a snaffle bit!

-Dennis "The NEW Marlboro Man"
Yeeehaaaw! Puffin & Ropin' sheepshead in the cold waters of So. Cal.

tinman once bubbled...

{sigh}...I guess I can hope that someone else will see the irony in your comments and consider a lifestyle change. I don't share cyklon's view of stereotypying smokers - as with all addictions, they cover the spectrum of mankind with equal shares of foibles and virtues.

GQ: why not consider a career change, I understand the Marlboro man fell off his horse...and died of lung cancer.

*wink*

-Dennis

divemistress once bubbled...
tinman, don't waste your energy on this one.....:rolleyes:

dm

But I do care where they smoke!
I tell 'em, "If you need to smoke or puke go to the lee gunnel."
E. itajara

You look like fun company, I'd rather smoke and puke next to you. Just think of all the really FUN conversations we could have between heaves and puffs! Hey, I've got a full pack, have one!

;o)

-Dennis

Smokin' -n- pukin' in the cold so Cal waters...

Epinephelus once bubbled...
But I do care where they smoke!
I tell 'em, "If you need to smoke or puke go to the lee gunnel."
E. itajara

I have been reading these posts and some very interesting opinions. I am a smoker. When I do smoke I am very respectful, I smoke away from people who smoke. It is a habit I discourage people from trying. But when I hear about people that will not buddy with a smoker this amazes me. Just because someone smokes does not mean they are a hazard underwater. It does not mean they do not believe in safety for themselves or their fellow diver. I as a smoker I am in great shape working out 5 days a week, from cardio to weights. Maybe I will quit one day. But I am 100% that I will never discriminate another diver because they smoke or they are overweight or any other reason for that matter. Regardless of some of our bad habits. I love Diving.

I have been reading these posts and some very interesting opinions. I am a smoker. When I do smoke I am very respectful, I smoke away from people who smoke. It is a habit I discourage people from trying. But when I hear about people that will not buddy with a smoker this amazes me. Just because someone smokes does not mean they are a hazard underwater. It does not mean they do not believe in safety for themselves or their fellow diver. I as a smoker I am in great shape working out 5 days a week, from cardio to weights. Maybe I will quit one day. But I am 100% that I will never discriminate another diver because they smoke or they are overweight or any other reason for that matter. Regardless of some of our bad habits. I love Diving.

Hear, Hear!

It never fails to amaze me how seamingly intelegent people
defend the the smoking cultour.
my grandfather smoked 2 packs a day and lived untill his 90's
my cousin smoked two packs a day and has just had is larynx removed his age ?40.
Go figuer
Howard.

I do not smoke. In fact I never smoked, my best buddy is a smoker.
Heck, if I am on a dive trip, I do not ask about anything but the dive experience.
After all, I want to enjoy my dive not to give a health speech.

It was quite interesting to follow this thread :) Some of the comment are smart and some are just childish....

As from my personal experience - I always hated smoking, couldn't stand the smell of it.... but, about 3 years ago, when I was already 28, I started smoking - why???? A lot of reasons.... Some things I like about this habit, some hate (the smell for example, that's why after smoking I usually wash my hands and rinse my mouth) Weird, what can I say :)

.... and here's a joke about smoking:

A bottle of wine makes your life 1 hour shorter..
A cigarette makes your life 2 hours shorter..
A day at work makes your life 8 hours shorter.... :)

Back
Top Bottom