smoking on a dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

only if it has 100% oxygen
Even then you're in the open air ... no problem. But it's it'd be a great rumor to start, I can see the no smoking/no open flame tank wraps now ... :D

I'm sure PSI would be all over that. :rolleyes:

On my latest trip off the coast I watched a mate throw a beer can over the side.

I'm sure PSI would be all over that. :rolleyes:

On my latest trip off the coast I watched a mate throw a beer can over the side.
I think that's called octopus habitat enhancement.

I'd love to see a tank explode.

(sorry, I just couldn't resist!):mooner:

^I agree. Infact, many laws don't make much sense. After reading about drugs in my psychology book....according to which, alcohol is a more dangerous drug than cannabis.

Interestingly, the effects of alcohol use on others are far worse too. Secondhand cigarette smoke is a minor annoyance, but other's alcohol use is responsible for thousands of deaths on the roads and huge amounts of alcohol fuelled violence. It's just that the effects aren't as immediately connected as cigarette smoke.

Of course, homebrew wine and beer is my second favourite hobby so I don't want to see alcohol restrictions but I'm just making the point that there seems to be a rather irrational difference between people's objections to smoking and their acceptance of drinking.

And no, I'm not a smoker :D

Never! A dive boat has no place for smoking! Always tell a smoker if you are offended by the smoke.

So I'm on a dive boat and there is this person smoking. I mean , she was so SMOKING HOT, I couldn't stand it!! Should I have asked her to stop?

You can have alcohol on a charter vessel but, it is up to the DM and Captain to make sure it is only for the trip back to the dock. Is this what you ment by commercial dive boats?

Back
Top Bottom