smurf gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like zero of those things :)

this is about all the glove I can stand:

38086_489585649936_787049936_6602281_2007926_n.jpg

I like those gloves too, when in cavezzz. :)

34392_10150116128314937_787049936_7489421_5659699_n.jpg

???
these gloves are silly

Well, they're not designed for shopping, yanno ... :D

I love that shop (EE) ... although I was seriously amused to find a pink mask, snorkel and fins package on display there ... :idk:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Then come on over and practice them with me this winter, under the ice,. :D

I would but its your turn to fly here. You've got ice, we got octopus :D

You won't say "silly" half an hour into a 43 degree dive . . . :)

I have a pair of blue dry gloves similar to the Dry-5 that I made with a spare pair of wrist seals. Instead of using bungee or tubing, I put the glove liner on before I put my arms in my suit. Then I pull the glove on over top the wrist seal. The glove lets you equalize and if you get a leak the water will only wick up the liner not soak your suit. If its too warm for the liners I have old socks that I cut up with a thumb loop for the same purpose. (If this is confusing I can take some pictures next time I gear up.

The gloves are much easier to work with when they are compressed in the water. I actually find it easier to use the blue gloves than 5mm neoprene.

Some folks are more cold-tolerant than others. I know an instructor who doesn't wear a hood in Puget Sound ... then again, she's a red-head ... :wink: (Grateful Diver)

I met a gentleman from Alaska who dives there without even wet gloves. :cold:

Saw some guy climbing out of our 51F water yesterday without hood or gloves - he was smiling and his hands seemed to work fine.

Guess Bob's right, some are more cold-tolerant than others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom