So Terrified Of Crotch Strap!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found mine to be entirely unnecessary. Give it a try without one.
A second vote for diving without. I've not found a need for one.
The worst part about diving with a buddy who has one is when you have to help him find that blasted thing, and pass it to him. :11:

You have done it now, the lieyers and guys with crushed marbles are primed to sue but many won't be able to prove they ever had any marbles to begin with. DEMA and PadI will demand it, airbag equipped crotch straps to cushion those sudden underwater stops will soon be all the rage. The DIR gurus will demand black only with full redudnant inflation, the NAUI techies will recommend bungeed crotch bag inflation systems, where will it end? The Diva Dive Supply model will be better engineered than any other and they will have the proof, the Ox2 version will be bullet proof but the Helicon will cost twice as much and they will not honor their warranty any more than they did for their crappy spring straps that broke on dive two.

It ocurrs to me, stick with your fru fru jacket, it may be safer for all of us.

N

I have more fear of my drysuit...the squeeze on that once when I somehow disconnected the inflator hose... I was worried for my friends...

I have a 2" DR crotch strap, haven't had any issues at all, I wanted to see if it would be, so I played around with inverting myself, no problems at all :)

The only time I have ever noticed the crotch strap was the fist time I ever tried one of the x-scooters. That's a mistake you really only make once.

You have done it now, the lieyers and guys with crushed marbles are primed to sue but many won't be able to prove they ever had any marbles to begin with. DEMA and PadI will demand it, airbag equipped crotch straps to cushion those sudden underwater stops will soon be all the rage. The DIR gurus will demand black only with full redudnant inflation, the NAUI techies will recommend bungeed crotch bag inflation systems, where will it end? The Diva Dive Supply model will be better engineered than any other and they will have the proof, the Ox2 version will be bullet proof but the Helicon will cost twice as much and they will not honor their warranty any more than they did for their crappy spring straps that broke on dive two.

It ocurrs to me, stick with your fru fru jacket, it may be safer for all of us.

N

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.:rofl3:

50% of my diving is done skin and although my jewels are fine, I find the webbing saws into my inner thigh. This doesnt happen in my dry or wetsuit. I tried the skinny webbing and now am using a really old soft piece of 2 that has helped a lot.

Exactly how fast do you fin?

Around 3 MPH with the DPV. Was also concerned about being in vertical feet up and heads down position which I use a lot. I imagine myself in that position and also imagine the tank wanting to fell down but my testicles coming in between and preventing it from doing so? Has anyone tried this position with the crotch strap?

Around 3 MPH with the DPV. Was also concerned about being in vertical feet up and heads down position which I use a lot. I imagine myself in that position and also imagine the tank wanting to fell down but my testicles coming in between and preventing it from doing so? Has anyone tried this position with the crotch strap?
Yep, no problems with 3mm carrying a steel 72, 2" CS.

Back
Top Bottom