So what about a Whale Shark excursion to Isla Mujeres from Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're doing the whale sharks this July, we did it in 2012. It's a long day, but worth it. You have to catch the 6:00 am ferry to Playa Del Carmen. Then an hour bus ride to Cancun. Then about 45 minutes to the whale sharks. Allow 3 hours to snorkel with the whale sharks. Then lunch at Isla Mujeres. Then an hour bus ride back to Playa Del Carmen. Then about an hour ferry ride. You get back to Cozumel about 6:30 pm. I said, it's along day but worth it!

Casa Ixchel was serving Tapas when you orderd beers or cocktails. The Tapas was samples of the dinner menu. The food was good and the place had a great view.
The mild breeze kept us nice and cool.

Last edited:
Hey, whale sharkers:

Ok, I was going get the Keen boats, but they are not available for my dates. We are planning to go to Isla the day before, hang out and whale shark the next day.

What I am looking for is:

1. Larger boats with lots of shade. (The missus can't sit in the sun.)
2. Preferably 2 motors.

I am bring like 14-15 people, so I am probably thinking 2 boat private charters.

Anyone got an op to recommend like that?

Last edited:
Whale Shark Daddy: VIP tour.

Thanks, TV. I did look at them and one does have the second outboard, but they are a little to panga-like for me. I need MORE sunshade for the missus. Thanks though!

Question... Do ALL Whale Shark operators require lifevests/PFD's ? And/or are wetsuits an allowable subsitute ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom