So what's the word on the $195 Aqua Lung i-100 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hay guys, we are talking about basic recreational computer (i200/i300). Any of these would be adequate for the entry level Diver. If your concerned about algorithms or conservatism these are not for you. I work with over 3000 divers a year on our charter boat, the two computers subject and others would handle all their needs: depth, Dive time, N2 load, ascent rate, and safety stop, and EAN if required. To the average recreational Diver none of the high speed low drag stuff matters, hell most don’t understand basic dive physics. Lighten up.....

Hay guys, we are talking about basic recreational computer (i200/i300). Any of these would be adequate for the entry level Diver. If your concerned about algorithms or conservatism these are not for you. I work with over 3000 divers a year on our charter boat, the two computers subject and others would handle all their needs: depth, Dive time, N2 load, ascent rate, and safety stop, and EAN if required. To the average recreational Diver none of the high speed low drag stuff matters, hell most don’t understand basic dive physics. Lighten up.....
Thanks, keep it stupid. Give them a Cressi, might shorten your dive times.

Thanks, keep it stupid. Give them a Cressi, might shorten your dive times.

Also lower your sac, enlarge your cylinder, and squeeze out your dog's pimples. There's gotta be a downside to Cressi that I'm not seeing...

... I would go with the i300C despite the additional $100. A little more robust and the additional features are worth it.

How is it more robust?

Outside of that I'd agree the extra 100 for bluetooth alone is worth it (if you're into exporting your dives). I'd rather have built in export capability vs needing to buy an 85.00 cable to do it.

Last edited:
Also lower your sac, enlarge your cylinder, and squeeze out your dog's pimples. There's gotta be a downside to Cressi that I'm not seeing...
Cost. It's $45 more than the comparable mares puck pro.

How is it more robust?

Yeah, I was wondering that, myself. Lot's of solid and interesting peripheral info in the thread (keep it coming,guys!), but i haven't read anything that's run me off this lowly $195 i100.
I could give a **** about downloading dive info, 2-3 gas proflies, or other whiz-bang features. I'm just looking into basic computers, that do all the basic computer stuff......as cheaply and reliably as is reasonably possible.
And if this is essentially just a rebranded Oceanic, of a long-proven design, then there shouldn't be any beta-model concerns here (right?)
Anyway, many thanks to all for weighing in here (and again, please, keep it coming.)

Last edited:
I'm just looking into basic computers, that do all the basic computer stuff......as cheaply and reliably as is reasonably possible.

Anecdotally at least, cheapest RGBM ones like longer SSs and SIs. If you mostly dive Al80s, take an hour before gearing up for the next splash, and slow TH up/finish in the shallows, they should work just fine. Or at least mine does. With this schedule you're looking at 3-4 dives/day, and that's what we do on our Caribbean vacations anyway: it's a vacation, not a dive-a-ton.

If you're aiming for a liveaboard with 5-6 dives/day on mostly squar-ish profiles, and assuming you're OK with that schedule as far as your actual tissues are concerned, then you might want to have a DSAT computer instead, just to avoid any questions.

It seems to me that i100 is neither.

All of the available decompression algorithms work just fine for recreational diving and are safe. Some will give you longer NDLs and some shorter. Divers should know enough about decompression algorithms to choose one that fits their diving and that they will be satisfied with. The comments above, from @dmaziuk, are right along those lines.

Some brands list 1st dive NDLs in their manuals. That is one useful piece of information, but does not reflect normal use with multiple dives per day. There is little objective information available comparing decompression algorithms over multiple dives. The yearly testing of dive computers by ScubaLab is one source of such information 11 New Dive Computers Tested By ScubaLab In 2017 and https://www.scubadiving.com/sites/s...ab-2017-computer-test-chamber-worksheets.xlsx

Back
Top Bottom