So....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...what is your deepest SOLO dive to date?

Not sure whether this is a good question to ask, or for me to answer. Those who dive solo to extreme depths should have a good reason to do so... or a moderate death wish. They should be well equipped, understand their reaction to nitrogen narcosis and have experienmce with their response to unexpected emergencies.

I dive solo "routinely" in the 180-200 ft depth range. I would not be doing it if it weren't for a number of species I want to film down there, and the limited bottom time on each dive... making a number of dives over time necessary to capture enough usable footage.

I dive solo simply because I have no dive buddy I would want to take to that depth, and have responsibility for (or them for me). Several of mine are very qualified to dive to such depths, but have issues with narcosis. I have several buddies I'll dive to 160 ft with though.

250 ft.

Thats a deep dive solo, Man i thought 60 was good enough. You guys are doing full tech diving solo.
Intense

drbill:
Not sure whether this is a good question to ask, or for me to answer. Those who dive solo to extreme depths should have a good reason to do so... or a moderate death wish. They should be well equipped, understand their reaction to nitrogen narcosis and have experienmce with their response to unexpected emergencies.

I dive solo "routinely" in the 180-200 ft depth range. I would not be doing it if it weren't for a number of species I want to film down there, and the limited bottom time on each dive... making a number of dives over time necessary to capture enough usable footage.

I dive solo simply because I have no dive buddy I would want to take to that depth, and have responsibility for (or them for me). Several of mine are very qualified to dive to such depths, but have issues with narcosis. I have several buddies I'll dive to 160 ft with though.

I think it is a perfect question to ask.

Would hope your dives to 180-200ft. are on mix.

I have never 'yet' done a solo below 100ft..

:wink:

texdiveguy:
I think it is a perfect question to ask.

Would hope your dives to 180-200ft. are on mix.

I have never 'yet' done a solo below 100ft..

:wink:

No, I dive air strictly at this time. I realize trimix would be a better option, and will undoubtedly switch to it IF I continue such diving. At this point I've reduced my depth limits to the 130-160 ft range to get a bit more bottom time and film more of what I used to see on my descents and ascents.

No reason to dive deeper than 100 ft (or 30 ft for that matter) if there isn't a compelling reason.

drbill:
No, I dive air strictly at this time. I realize trimix would be a better option, and will undoubtedly switch to it IF I continue such diving. At this point I've reduced my depth limits to the 130-160 ft range to get a bit more bottom time and film more of what I used to see on my descents and ascents.

No reason to dive deeper than 100 ft (or 30 ft for that matter) if there isn't a compelling reason.

Yes diving mix is a great thing for the depths you indicate...would strongly suggest it for you in your dive activity of photography....easier to breath and for me no worries of being narc'ed for the most part. The days of deep air diving are past. And I agree that if you are doing deep diving there should be a goal, and that can be most anything.

Back
Top Bottom