So....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepest solo dive 120 feet, I dont believe in diving solo in overhead enviroments or for decompression dives, those are "team" activities (in my opinion) due to the increased risk of entrapment, entanglement, and narcosis

I havent gone deeper than 30 feet solo, for different reasons.. Main ones is that I want to be able to do a reasonably safe CESA if all bad luck strikes and the fact that I just dont feel comfortable going deeper. Also of course, I havent had any reason to go deeper on my solo dives..

Going deep just for the sake of going deep dont tempt me..

75 feet a few times.
I've gotten seperated from my buddy at deeper depths before but that is still "same lake same day" so it doesn't count as a solo dive.
I did a black water solo dive yesterday that was only 34 feet but it was far more freaky then most of my deeper ones. It felt like the deepest !!

My deepest was 99ft. I hope to go to the limit, 100ft, one day :D

98 ft.........:D

Timeliner:
75 feet a few times.
I've gotten seperated from my buddy at deeper depths before but that is still "same lake same day" so it doesn't count as a solo dive.
I did a black water solo dive yesterday that was only 34 feet but it was far more freaky then most of my deeper ones. It felt like the deepest !!

Ain't that the truth!

I really hate vis less than arm's length, especially when there are critters waiting to ambush whatever comes near their mouth.... like snapping turtles!

You can bet I'm not a "mud puppy" on those dives. That's when it's nice to have some kind of stick to "track" the bottom. :D

Dave C

160' I probably not do it again (No reason has arisen)

Most are between 15' (Venice Beach) to 75' (Some of the reefs near Pompano).

I like diving with buddies I can trust (and there are a number here on this board that I trust my life with), but I certainly don't mind diving with new/newer divers. I learn something on every dive... solo or with a buddy!

For me, just shy of 110'

It was colder below the second thermocline, and there wasn't anything but silt and one old beer can. It's much more fun, in a sad sort of way, to stay up where you can watch all the train wrecks walking along the bottom on their dangly little appendages. :D

If I'm not competent to dive it solo, I'm not competent to dive it with a buddy. Any dive I'll make with a buddy is one I would (or have) make solo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom