Trip Report Socorro Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my second LOB trip, I was on the Belize Aggressor 3. One member of our group had a light-weight "Tropical Dry Suit" that he wore on the night dives.

If that is what you need to stay warm, I say go for it.
I think I'll be fine. Just got back from T&C and was alternating between a 3mm full and a Lavacore hooded vest with Lavacore shorts (effectively making a sleeveless shorty) and was fine in both configs (water temp was around 82). Eyeing that 5mm Waterproof W4 for Socorro...

I booked this trip for December. Other than airfare I just need to book a place to stay for a night or two since I like to fly in a little early. I saw mixed reviews of Hotel Tesoro, but checked it out anyway and they don't have availability on the nights I need anyhow (plus it spans a holiday so has a 4 night minimum). Anybody have another recommendation that is close to SeeCreatures dive center/Nautilus Belle Amie? I don't really care about the accommodations since I'll be traveling solo and won't be doing anything other than sleeping there before boarding. Thanks!

I stayed there before going on Belle Amie December 2019 and booked again for this December. It’s fine for before and after. Try Booking.com, I was able to book 1 night for 12/31.

I stayed there before going on Belle Amie December 2019 and booked again for this December. It’s fine for before and after. Try Booking.com, I was able to book 1 night for 12/31.
Thanks! They didn't have the dates I needed so I booked Playa Grande which is pretty close. Now I just have to decide if I want to try to squeeze in some boat diving before boarding. I suppose I'll do the complimentary warm up dive, but am thinking about some of SeeCreatures boat diving options for my off day before boarding. Then again...sitting around a resort with a book is a nice option too.

I booked this trip for December. Other than airfare I just need to book a place to stay for a night or two since I like to fly in a little early. I saw mixed reviews of Hotel Tesoro, but checked it out anyway and they don't have availability on the nights I need anyhow (plus it spans a holiday so has a 4 night minimum). Anybody have another recommendation that is close to SeeCreatures dive center/Nautilus Belle Amie? I don't really care about the accommodations since I'll be traveling solo and won't be doing anything other than sleeping there before boarding. Thanks!
There was an air bnb in LA jollathat cost me about 100 for 5 days and was spectacular.

There was an air bnb in LA jollathat cost me about 100 for 5 days and was spectacular.
Thanks! Will add to my notes for next time.

Thanks! They didn't have the dates I needed so I booked Playa Grande which is pretty close. Now I just have to decide if I want to try to squeeze in some boat diving before boarding. I suppose I'll do the complimentary warm up dive, but am thinking about some of SeeCreatures boat diving options for my off day before boarding. Then again...sitting around a resort with a book is a nice option too.
Try to go to Cabo Pulmo Marine Park on your off day for diving with Bull Sharks, while you would be in the neighborhood. Highly recommended!

Try to go to Cabo Pulmo Marine Park on your off day for diving with Bull Sharks, while you would be in the neighborhood. Highly recommended!

Thanks, Dan. Amazing video as always. I'll email Nautilus and see about Cabo Pulmo. When I look at SeeCreatures online booking system it looks like I can book 0 divers or 3-12 divers, but not a single. If that turns up nothing I'll ping one of the other operators.

Reactions: Dan
Thanks, Dan. Amazing video as always. I'll email Nautilus and see about Cabo Pulmo. When I look at SeeCreatures online booking system it looks like I can book 0 divers or 3-12 divers, but not a single. If that turns up nothing I'll ping one of the other operators.
Yes, there is a minimum of 2 divers for 2-tank boat dives in Cabo Pulmo Marine Park. If SeeCreatures can’t get another diver to buddy up with you, contact Arturo (owner of Cabo Pulmo Travel) at +526241327537 Home Hopefully he has a better luck to pair you up with another diver(s).

Are you en route yet? Was hoping to gather some topside temp intel. Shorts or pants kind of stuff. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom