Software Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's why I generally only do 1 tech dive per day and if I do a second dive, I just do it as an NDL dive - or possibly very light deco where I am purely flying my computer and have 100% confident that I have enough gas to finish safely based on the TTS shown on my computer. And I only dive with 2 tech computers, so I have a proper backup if the primary craps out.

I laminate them using packing tape. I have some that are over 20 years old and still holding up fine (I wouldn't necessarily USE them anymore given the changes in deco theory, but...)

@boulderjohn , I've been struggling with the same thing. My problem is I want something on Android and Mac, as those are my platforms of choice.

My iOS friends love Baltic. My Winders friends love Decoplanner. Neither run on my hardware.

I've heard rumors that there may be a new version of a dive planning tool that will run on Winders, OS-X, iOS and Android. My fingers are crossed.
+1 for Pasto deco. It's available on all platforms. Granted a bit tricky initially to use until you get the hang of it but I like it and it reasonably priced.

the reality is, you can't replicate that dive #1 in planning software for dive #2, so the PDC (and followinf it) becomes the plan fro dive #2.... now the "oh word" makes sense.... thx.
You can. Download the dive to your laptop, plan the next dive. You need a manufacturer with a planner. Subsurface could do this (maybe it does already!) since it does plans and has the logs.

Yup, it does do repetitive dives. It does it using the clock time of the dive. So let's say dive one will be at 10am on Sat for 1.5hr, add 2hr surface interval, and then plan dive 2 for 1:30pm, it keeps track of the tissues between them. Cool feature. Now we just need to get that contingency planner feature worked out and we're golden :)

Yup, it does do repetitive dives. It does it using the clock time of the dive. So let's say dive one will be at 10am on Sat for 1.5hr, add 2hr surface interval, and then plan dive 2 for 1:30pm, it keeps track of the tissues between them. Cool feature. Now we just need to get that contingency planner feature worked out and we're golden :)
You would expect a planner to do that, multideco does, but does it take into account logged dives? Say I dive at 10am for an hour, get out, upload the dive and then plan one for 1pm does that later plan take account of the earlier LOGGED (not planned) dive? This is what I want, but on an iPad which is what I actually use to download logs and plan dives.

Last edited:
You would expect a planner to do that, multideco does, but does it take into account logged dives? Say I dive at 10am for an hour, get out, upload the dive and then plan one for 1pm does that later plan take account of the earlier LOGGED (not planned) dive? This is what I want, but on an iPad which is what I actually use to download logs and plan dives.

I think the repetitive dive feature in Subsurface needs some love. In the last version I tried you have to log the first dive and then plan the second, so it involves saving dummy dives into the log book, planing the second dive, and then deleting the dummy... that's not that intuitive.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom