softwear undergarment

One piece or two piece undergarment?

• one piece

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • two piece

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a softwear undergarment and am trying to decide between a one piece or two piece garment.Im kinda leaning towards the two piece cause i think it would make me look cooler when im not wearing my drysuit verse the one piece that kinda looks like a set of tights :eek:ut: I wll be purchasing the 300gm version.For those of you that have no idea what im talking about heres the link http://home.att.net/~gchev91/.Anyways i am curious as to what everyone else wears and how they like it.

I currently dive a newer style bare ct-200 but is impossible to reach my valve due to the outer non flexible nylon shell.It does a great job of keeping me warm though :D

I have the one piece - I figured it would keep my lower back warmer, as a two piece could "ride up" my back leaving skin exposed. Does this really well, but it does restrict movement a little - get a looser fit if you go for the one piece.

I have the two piece and it does not rid up at all... however I am going to have them make me a single piece for a back up... that is what Shane uses.

I have a DUI Polartec one piece suit (green one). It works great.
Inside my DUI Flex 50/50

I use the USIA one piece. Looks good, has pockets, and doesn't ride up when I put my suit on.

Hallmac

i have 2 ....

both are one piece.

the DC stretch makes me look like a bean-pole tech guy (shiny jet black), the Weezle Comfort makes me look like a yellow stay-puft marshmallow man :D

now they sit in the closet - i guess i could turn up the airconditioning and pretend i'm at the montrey breakwater :(

ooops. the important points ...

the weezle is loose enough. the stretch, well, stretches. can't comment on doing valve shutoffs as i didn't do valve shutoffs yet when i was still diving dry. if perception counts i think the looser weezle would probably work better

All that Polar fleece and made to measure stuff is great but man is it expensive when compared to all the other options out there.

Bob3 one time recommmended getting stuff at a military surplus store for about a tenth the price it costs to purchase it under the label "Dive Apparel".

I have to agree with Bob3. I could get a good(better) thermal undergarment by going to Sportmart and getting a pair of end- of- season snow pants and jacket-or a full snow suit. I wear a used, old Arctic Cat snowmobile suit that my dad gave to me. It works great.

There are many things in diving that are very costly but are a mandatory purchase. I don't think expensive undergarments are one of them.

-Mike

buff once bubbled...
I have to agree with Bob3. I could get a good(better) thermal undergarment by going to Sportmart and getting a pair of end- of- season snow pants and jacket-or a full snow suit. I wear a used, old Arctic Cat snowmobile suit that my dad gave to me. It works great.
-Mike

I agree some of the drysuit undies are grossly overpriced (read DUI), but there are very good options. Both the Weezle and the Software line are very reasonably priced IMO.

I would not, however, think any kind of thick clothing designed as outerwear (snowmobile suit) would work very well. They are very thick, have lots of unneeded extras (cuffs, zippers all over, pockets, thick collars) and would be made of less than optimal materials. I would also expect a good suit of that type to cost at least as much as the Weezle or Software products. And I would expect to see a big weight difference also in trying to sink those things.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom