softwear undergarment

One piece or two piece undergarment?

• one piece

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • two piece

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just recieved my custom fit two piece from Janice and it fits great. Cant wait to try it out at the Blue Hole in NM. To bad I have to wait till the friggin end of March. Guess I could stand in a cold shower. Hmmm.:bonk:

What are the recommended water tempature ranges for the 100,200, and 300 weight undersuits? Thanks for the help. So far these suits seem to be a great value.

I dive a 1 piece US 140 from Andy's Undies. Water/windproof outer shell, polartec/thinsulate inner. Been fine for 45 min @ 38 degrees. Only my hands got cold (wet suit goves).

Dave D

Donning a drysuit with a one-piece is much easier then donning a drysuit with two piece underwear, unless you have the pieces tucked properly into each other, but then the two piece looks odd out of water when you have the fleece top tucked into your pants like a senile old man who tucks his bathrobe into his pj's...

Either one looks fine on dry land outside of the drysuit if you get a lightweight nylon windbreaker. Since you are getting the diving underwear primarily for diving comfort, try on a few different ones via rental from your LDSs and see which is more comforable for you underwater.

so that I don't have to take the top off to use the head between dives. I'd be interested in feedback on the 300 Polartec - I have never seen anything more than 200, and am wondering how bulky it is. Let me know what you think of it, lal. The suit I have now is one piece with a jacket and vest (it's the Zeagle suit - a Polartec fabric knockoff) and it could be warmer.

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
so that I don't have to take the top off to use the head between dives. I'd be interested in feedback on the 300 Polartec - I have never seen anything more than 200, and am wondering how bulky it is. Let me know what you think of it, lal. The suit I have now is one piece with a jacket and vest (it's the Zeagle suit - a Polartec fabric knockoff) and it could be warmer.

Actually its not bulky at all.Its way less bulky than my Bare CT-200.I had the custom made version and it fits great.I normally dive 55deg water and ill let you know if it keeps me warm.My prior undergarment was a bare ct-200.I never got close to being cold in it but just wasnt flexible enough for me.

Many people in my dive circle just dive with gym sox under their dry suit.

I had the big 'ol DUI Thinsulate booties...way too bulky. eBay-ed them. Did the sox thing one dive...burr. Stole wifie's Janice Sox....very nice. So I bought a pair.

And another

And another. OK - so I like them... At $8.00 I thought it was a decent deal.

Then I saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2713984631&category=29574

Rock On Janice - I'm ordeing another pair....

k

I am just now in the market for some new undies. Can anyone have anyone give me some anecdotal evidence of how the 300gm suit will do in 38-45 F water. I would be wearing some poly long underwear under it.

If these get the job done, they are the sweetest deal I have seen yet.

I just returned from a trip to Quadra Island, BC. Water temps were 44-46 deg. I was very comfortable in the 300g single piece with lightweight polypro underneath. However, on a beach dive in 55 deg water, it was slightly cool without the polypro underneath.

I'm very happy with my Softwear undergarment. Good customer service (one-day turnaround on order) good value.

Back
Top Bottom