Solo lake diving question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading relevant posts on the board I am against a specialty in solo-diving, I can already see people enacting laws that require me to get a certificate before I can solo dive, I'm sure there are people with a vested interest in your money pushing this, under the guise of public safety, in fact I will personally lobby for the repeal of laws and certifications for divers, except as they are elective zeN

:) Most new divers have a lot of things to try and keep up with from good buoyancy control to air usaage.

After you get about a 100 dive under your belt in a variety of settings then you might want to consider solo diving.

In your lake setting you may run across fishing line, trot line or a net for a possible entanglement problem.

Your dive partner is one of your best sources of backup.
I routinely dive solo. I take a lot of pictures and have put in the time and training to do it safely and after 22 years I'm still here.

Just my two cents
Jim Baldwin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom