some help/questions regarding assembly of harness, tank bands etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
so i just received my dss rig with torus wing, ss backplate hog harness.
had some trouble assembling the whole thing but i think i have it mostly correct. not sure exactly how the crotch strap goes through the bottom horizontal slot.
i took some pictures i hope this helps on whether i have done everything correctly.
this is the crotch strap here. basically i put it through the horizontal then through the keeper twice.

this is the tank band, not sure if this is the correct way to thread it through the buckle.
Basically went through the middle then back down through the other one.
and i put it through the top one when i'm actually tightening i think?

Also, not sure what these two rubber things are on one of the tank bands?

I hope this helps, i don't want to have to take it onto a dive charter and find something wasn't attached properly or anything.

I can see the pics, but I'm no help with the set up.

img0816ge.jpgimg0817qv.jpgimg0818qn.jpgimg0819m.jpg
here are the pics uploaded.

Nitro,

We have video's on our website that detail how to lace a cam buckle. Take a look.

The wedge blocks are fitted to the *divers side* of the back plate, one per camband, the babd laces through the back plate, through the wedge block and back through the plate.

The crotch strap looks about right, twice through the keeper.

Tobin

also those two little rubber things that poke through the backplate, top and bottom, how do i make them stay, they seem to pop out sometimes.

I found Tobin's videos to be priceless. It all seems confusing at first, but you'll get it pretty quickly.

One comment about the crotch strap -- if I'm seeing the photo correctly, you have the d-ring coming off on the side of the strap that is goiing to be toward your body when you have the rig on, which makes it a bit difficult to use.

If you look at the camband buckles, I think you'll see a faint "1", "2" and "3" on them. That's the order you feed the strap through.

Do watch the videos, because they help a lot.

Oh man, I just realized I've been diving with the wedge blocks on the wrong side. Oh well it still worked, I'm still adjusting the plate only 3 dives on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom