Sony DSC RX100 - new model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purchased the rx100 II a couple of weeks ago, no housing yet. It's an outstanding camera on land, and I expect it will do great things underwater. Video quality is excellent, still quality is excellent even in low light. Focus is lightning fast for me, and I haven't seen any macro focus issues, but it could be from inexperience or maybe its different underwater.

One of the new features for mark II that hasn't been mentioned is wifi remote control and wireless picture transfer. These are huge functions, especially for those of you who are internet connected (all of you) and have smartphones or tablets (many of you!). I underestimated how valuable the wifi picture transfer would be, but this is incredibly valuable for me personally to back up images in the field, share them to a tablet with a big screen for viewing, and potentially email or upload to photo printing service right away. I'm not on Facebook, but for those who are, this is a monster feature for photo sharing to social media, with far higher quality images than you could shoot with your cell phone. :)

I look forward to housing this camera very soon! From the samples I've seen so far, it's going to take great pics!

Back
Top Bottom