Sore throat issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supernix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I have a pool session coming up on 7-29-08 and I am starting to get a sore throat no sniffling though and my ears clear fine. Anyone know if this might cause a problem with the pool session?

See how you actually feel on that date... no use in worrying now about 3 days away.

If on that day you have ANY problems with your ears not clearing or any chest congestion, I would be cautious about getting in. Also ask your instructor if they disinfect their regulators after each use. You don't want to pass on your sore throat to another diver. We assign gear to a user for an entire confined water class and then disinfect the reg before another person uses it.

(I am not a Dr nor do I play one on TV so this is just friendly advise - thanks)

have fun with your class and checkout dives! hope you feel better soon!

Might be a good time to make sure you got a good stock of Vit C and the other regular vitamins which help your immune system. As far as a sore throat goes, I have always had good luck with Cold Eze. (Think that's the name) it contains zinc which suppose to help speed the healing of your throat.

More than likely it may be the start of the common cold, and the best thing to do is simply treat the symptoms to help you deal with feeling like crap. A cold virus is just that and will go away on its on regardless of how much time and money you spend at the OTC isle.

Judge it the day that you are assigned your classes. Some folks take a decongestant the morning of., just make sure doing something like this does not interfere with any meds or health problems you are dealing with such as high blood pressure etc. Also don't forget your ear beer!

Safe diving,

Kenny

I have always had good luck with Cold Eze. (Think that's the name) it contains zinc which suppose to help speed the healing of your throat.

Yes! forgot about this stuff - you can get at any walmart, cvs or the like in the cold section. may not kick it out entirely but at the least will make your symptoms less severe and may even shorten the length of your cold. It's most effective if you can take it at the earliest hint you may be getting sick, if you're already experiencing symptoms it may not be as effective.

I take one at the slightest tingling or hint I maybe getting sick/sore throat.

Recovering from an ongoing case of OM/OE I thought I would add that in there, as the last thing this feller would want to put up with while dealing with a cold is an ear infection. I got lax about using mine after dives, now its came back to bite me.

Seems folks use several different blends, but one thing they all have in common is white vinegar, and alcohol. I also add a lil bit of pure glycerin in my batch to help restore some of the natural oils lost by using the flush. I make mine up to a ratio of 40-40-20.

Safe diving, hope you get to feeling better soon to enjoy your classes. These should be made fun for you to enjoy.

Ken

You should be fine. The air from the regulator might make it soarer from the air going past it though.

Back
Top Bottom