Source for Bolt Snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermasterB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I would like to find a good (inexpensive) source for large brass or stainless bolt snaps.

Anybody have a good supplier.

P.S. The CD section at home depot does not have any large enough.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
www.nixdogcollars.com

He has a Scuba Section, and he's real easy to work and deal with.

Doesn't look like he has anything quite big enough. Diving in cold waters up here, so I want something easy to work with the heavy drysuit gloves.

Diving in cold waters up here

See... you're diving in cold waters down there. WAY down there, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Seriously - what are you looking for? I dive with either thick wet gloves or Diving Concepts DryGloves... I just ordered another batch of the 1 1/8" stainless... and you can't beat the prices. Just how big do you want to get?

Reef Scuba (www.reefscuba.com) has an XXL bolt snap in Stainless, but they want $10 apiece for them.

I like the look of the XL ones from reefscuba. I just ordered a batch of the brass ones. The SS was just a little too salty for me.

42 degrees is cold enough for me, we get that year round deep at the quarry I dive. I am diving with diving concepts dry gloves, but sometimes I have a couple of layers of gloves underneath, depends on how long we are going to be down.

McMaster Carr has some pretty large ones. I bought a bunch of them for diving..

Doug has a nice selection of stainless bolt snaps (with stainless springs inside too) with great prices. The double enders are a little long (by 1/2") - but they still work well. I use the 1-1/8" snaps on my stage/deco bottles and the 3/4" snaps on my backup lights, gauges and long hose second stage.

-Frank =-)

but the biggest size they carry is one size too small.

be careful of the ones in Depot and Lowes, i bought a bunch of these brass ones from them trying to save money and the springs are not a good material in the brass snaps. I dive in fresh water, ( missouri and arkansas lakes) and the springs are already rusting really bad, to the point where the once smooth action of the snap is really "scratchy" now. I have about 40 or so dives on them. Of course these brass snaps are like $1.50 for the big ones so you can replace them pretty often, but i would hate to have one go bad and loose something.

kurt

Back
Top Bottom