SP Jet Fins Size Chart, Based on Length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillYanni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have been trolling this site for a few years, and for once I could not find an answer I was looking for... (the length is based from foot pocket over the logo of the fin to the tip)

I know that the Large is 18" in length
And from what my friends tell me the XL's are 22" in length

Can anyone give me the specs of the Medium and XXL (and confirm the XL)

The reason I am doing this is because these fins are not labeled based on size in anyway that I can discover.(unless they are in the box still)

Thanks for your time,
Will

I have a pair of mediums I could measure for you, but I'm not exactly clear on what measurement you are looking for. Do you just mean the length of the whole fin minus the strap?

I can tell you from what I have seen that the M and L have a shorter blade, whereas the XL and XXL have a longer one (in other words there are two blade sizes, M/L and XL/XXL).

I have a pair of mediums I could measure for you, but I'm not exactly clear on what measurement you are looking for. Do you just mean the length of the whole fin minus the strap?

Yes just the total length of the fin, and please do.

Agreed on the two blade sizes, although the mediums may be a little shorter... I know the XL and XXL have identical blade length, but I think the pocket is a little longer, so overall length may be an inch max longer.
Curious to why you want to know though, your foot will only fit in one pocket... Really difficult to make a bigger one work for you

My LDS does not carry scuba pro, and I have tried and like the Jet Fin. Due to the SP policy regarding online sales, I have opted to buy used, and I want to make sure that I get the right size (as most people selling online do not know the size, but they do know the length)

I know I am a good fit in a large, so if there is a difference between the length of a medium, then I can ensure that I get what I need

Will, I have a pair of mediums, large, and xl you can try out. I'll be back in town Sunday night. :)

I just measured my vintage size Mediums. At the center of the blade (longest part since they have a "wave" crest there) and along the bottom of the foot pocket, I get 17-7/16" The top of the foot pocket is cut in a bit and gives an overall length of 16-3/4".

I just shopped with a friend who was considering buying a pair, and in the new ones the blades of the M/L looked the same (and looked like mine), and then the XL/XXL looked the same as each other and were rather longer (these would have been the new size range). Also, whereas the M/L are basically flat, on the XL and XXL the blade was a bit angled down from the foot pocket (e.g. if you were standing on the edge of a swim platform the blade would "droop" over the edge as compared to the foot pocket section - not that they were droopy of course).

I can tell you that the Mediums have a pretty small foot pocket. I wear a women's size 8 shoe (would be a narrow men's 6-1/2) and my neoprene booties are quite compact. They have a rubber sole but it is very thin and does not jut out at all. Even for me if I got larger/different-soled booties I think I might need a Large Jet Fin.

The size is molded inside the foot pocket of the fin ("medium"), just at the rear bottom edge, under where your arch would be, so you might be able to ask sellers to check it for you.

Sparkle, You use a medium, correct? May I ask what size bootie and thickness you wear with them?

I measured my XXL as 21 3/4" long, from top edge of foot pocket (logo side) to fin tip.

I wear a size 13, 5mm, thick-soled Pinnacle brand dive boot, fit is good.

Hope this helps.

Hi ajduplessis,

The booties I have are a size 7/Small. I believe that would be a men's size since I wear an 8 in women's shoes. They are a bootie and not a sock, but they are rather minimal. They are neoprene, and do have a zipper on the side and a grooved rubber sole, but the sole doesn't protrude past the sides, back, or front of the foot at all, like I see on more substantial ones. Basically, they are very compact, as booties go. I'm not sure what the thickness of the neoprene is... I bought them years ago, before I ever got into diving. I'd say maybe 1/4"

The Medium Jet Fin seems to fit just right, but I think I might have to go to a Large if I ever get more substantial booties - I haven't tried any on with the Mediums though. The sole on my current booties is rather flexible, and that sometimes makes it feel as though I am wasting/not transferring power. I think I'm going to cut some insoles out of thin scrap plywood just to try out to see what a difference a stiff sole would make.

I do really like the fins though - no complaints there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom