SP part numbers needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The kit is part 11.602.020, I don't know what's inside of it.
Retail should be about $40 with the usual markup.

Thanks Zung, I will try to call my LDS and see how much their markup is higher :D

For $40 you could get a 109 or 156 and have a bunch of metal collecting moisture rather than just the barrel.

If you just sold the S600, you could probably get 2 or 3 of them.

... Not to mention the "cool" factor :)
The LDS may charge you postage & handling on top of their customary 100%.

Not that easy to do anymore I quess :) They became so popular now that the prices on eBay jumped :)

I'm still on a fence regarding what to do with this S600, I got it in pair with an MK20 fairly cheap but the barrel seems to have tiny cracks at the point where the plastic is molded with metal. So I do not want to sell it to anyone as I do not think it's a good idea to do it in this condition of the reg. It works great, it has no leaks . So I was thinking I might keep it in my collection but will upgrade it to use on a stage.

I hear you about metal, almost all my seconds are metal (109/156, Air1 in Pilot case and A700) on my double sets and the fantastic plastic stages are noticeably drier.

For $40 you could get a 109 or 156 and have a bunch of metal collecting moisture rather than just the barrel.

---------- Post added November 27th, 2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

They probably will, they always try to feed me that BS :)

... Not to mention the "cool" factor :)
The LDS may charge you postage & handling on top of their customary 100%.

Not their fault this time, LDS's have to pay P&P to SP for small orders.

You saved them this time :) they usually try to present as if they are ordering every single piece separately and every time I have to tell them that my BS detector is on :) they are nice people and we usually agree on some lower prices :)

---------- Post added November 28th, 2012 at 05:04 PM ----------

You have a power of convincing. Ive got another 109 for the backup :) i will likely put the 600 on sale

As Zung has suggested the price for the retrofit kit was around $40, that was including the barrel itself and the adjustment knob with the rest of the parts that eliminates the seat saving feature. Sounds pretty reasonable for me, I think I will go for the update. I will have to add the labour cost for the overhaul and it was also resonable.

Thanks everyone.

Am I the only one that thinks VDH's prices are getting a little ridiculous for some items? For what he want for some stuff I'd rather just go to the lds and feed the SP machine.

You know, I am not sure how one expects custom made parts that are run in low production lots for a very limited market should be priced like the LDS. I do not see any covers for a 109 or kits or conversion kits on the shelf at any LDS and much of it is not even available any where else.

No, I do not think so at all, especially considering the cost for molds, research up front.

His prices for things which even a few years ago were simply IMPOSSIBLE to get and non existent are very reasonable and fair.

I researched making hoses before I new vdh, in fact before they existed. I could get EDPM rubber hoses from a supplier, not any cheaper than the high quality silicone custom molded hoses he has now or I could have spent near 5,000 dollars having a mold made and then had to front the money for stock. So, when I buy something from vdh, I factor in all of that and considering that, he gives the stuff away.

If you can do better, then do it. Put another way. If you do have a mold made for 109 covers, please make some in yellow silicone and Scuba Pro blue, too. I will go for ten each.

James

I finally got my S600 upgraded last week. I also had to have the knob upgraded as my reg was the 1st revision of S600. It also lost the anti-set feature which I'm very happy with as it is more stage safe now:)

I took it for a spin this week in 39F water and had no issues whatsoever. It breathes very much like my G250s and does not breath that dry anymore. Not on par with the metal stages of cause but not as bad as it was before the upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom