SP pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When doing so in a humorous, obvious way, and pointing out that it's not what was actually said, then yes.

You have a conflict of interest. You sell ScubaPro products. You make money by selling ScubaPro products. Online. You are using ScubaBoard as an advertising platform to enable your online shop to sell even more ScubaPro products. You are by definition a highly biased source.

After seeing all of his self promotion to exhaustion here, I find it hard to believe anyone would actually buy from him based on his scubaboard posts. If anything I would spend more money somewhere else to not buy from him.

What makes Scubapro the best and worth the extra money?
OK, I'll get back to you.

I'm a bit tired after shipping Scubapro gear all over the U.S.

Now, I must get ready for diving the Sea of Cortez.

As I prepare I will ask myself, " What is the best dive gear to take on this trip? "

Chrpai, Beaver Divers is in the process of becoming a business sponsor of Scubaboard.

... Why don't you pick a product?

Sure, how about the MK25/S600?

And I'm asking about the product ONLY, not price, not manufacture's policy, not service, not how A, B or C does it's busyness.
I'm simply playing the devil's advocate here and posing the question back that was asked to provide facts as why scubapro is better.

So, just looking for a response from the experts, why isn't the MK25/S600 the best reg? With facts please, as was requested.

And I'm asking about the product ONLY, not price, not manufacture's policy, not service, not how A, B or C does it's busyness.
I'm simply playing the devil's advocate here and posing the question back that was asked to provide facts as why scubapro is better.

So, just looking for a response from the experts, why isn't the MK25/S600 the best reg? With facts please, as was requested.

A sweet regulator but you really can't just ignore cost. I have two of them (Mk20/S600) although I purchased them grey market (Leisurepro and Scubastore) where I save $200 on one and $300 on the other. But I can find a number of regulators from other manufacturers that will perform just as well including some with a much lower MSRP. I had a third one (Mk20/G500) but retired it in favor of Mk5/Balanced Adjustable which breath as well, cost much less, offer improved durability and are quite a bit simpler.

The original Mk20 was a bit of a problem in that IP creep caused by tarnish on the brass piston was a problem about every 6 months. The current version piston and seat will provide year of stable service. But there are a number of others every bit as good, like the Atomics.

How can you not factor in price and service when determining best? I suppose you could talk about design and materials, breathing effort and reliability but you would end up with so many...I think price, service, cost of ownership would all be factors...just to be fair.

So far, nothing...

So far, nothing...
The beaver was the one making the proclamation of SP being the best. When asked 'why' you can't just deflect the question and say -'prove something else is the best.' He set out the inital claim of SP being the best, people are just asking him to defend it. After those facts are presented then people can either agree with them, point out errors in the facts or present other facts to counter.

I for one would like to hear the case for SP from the beave...not because I care about his self promoting or rather someone else thinks Sherwood is great...I am just interested in why. Hell, the argument of 'Because they make me a lot of money' is far more valid then 'Because'

The beaver was the one making the proclamation of SP being the best. When asked 'why' you can't just deflect the question and say -'prove something else is the best.' He set out the inital claim of SP being the best, people are just asking him to defend it. After those facts are presented then people can either agree with them, point out errors in the facts or present other facts to counter.

I for one would like to hear the case for SP from the beave...not because I care about his self promoting or rather someone else thinks Sherwood is great...I am just interested in why. Hell, the argument of 'Because they make me a lot of money' is far more valid then 'Because'

You're taking the words out of my mouth, I agree 100% with what you said in this post.

I just wanted to hear the reasons why some believe SP is not the best, if one says it's the best, and the other says it's not, I assume they both know something, I want to know too.

From my perspective, Beaver Divers represents taking everything I don't like about the stereotypical LDS and putting it online. Their message is horrible and while it flys with ignorant newbies it won't fly here. My not so local LDS has nothing to fear from these guys.

Oh, and it's not hard to become a sponser. You just put your money where your mouth is and write a check. I did.

Jeez, beiberdivers, another one of these threads where you take any criticism of Scubapro as if it were a personal attack?

Over and over and over... :shakehead:

Scubapro is our main line.

Over the past 25 years, we have carried almost every brand.

For one reason or another, we decided to drop the other brands.

That is not to infer that there aren't some other " good " brands of SCUBA gear.

IMO, Scubapro is the best.

You advertise yourself as "Your On-line Scubapro Platinum Dealer".

That just means you've agreed not to stock products from brands that compete with the Scubapro brand. Is that an accurate representation?

Back
Top Bottom