Spearfishing off North Carolina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a lot of experience, but with so many wrecks and the Gulf Stream, the hunting was excellent.

There was a whole lot of competition, though. :shark:

Steven

bubblejunkie once bubbled...
Interested in spearfishing off North or South Carolina, I live in central Florida and have done everything here. Anyone know anything about it?

Excellent spearfishing here in SC on wrecks and especially ledges. The offshore ledges at 90-100 ft give up lots of hogs and grouper. The lobsters here are huge.

NC also offers excellent spearfishing. Powerheads are good in NC, but forbidden in SC.

See www.charlestondiving.com There are some hard core spearfishers there who can tell you a lot more

I've had some luck with spearfishing in NC. I'm picky, I go mostly for flounder. I don't about the legality of powerheads in NC, I'm assuming they are, but check the dive operation first. I know some won't let you on the boat with them.

Back
Top Bottom