Spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if the op had any idea of the can of worms he was kicking over.

No, I was just trying to pick up some pointers on getting started. LOL Are there any good beach dives that are legal to spear at? It's just illegal to spear on jetties in Florida but not in Alabama? Is that correct?

Can of worms you say??? Did he happen to ask about where to carry his Spare Air while using his power head??

Did I mention that I do carry Spare Air cause a lot of times when I'm diving I forget to check my air and when I run out I can just use it to finish my dive. That's what it's there for right?:popcorn:

Please don't reply to that. It was a joke! HEHEHEHEHEHE:rofl3:

What??? Lol, I think I might need to take up or drinking,or ASHLEY now. What do you think Mrxray, Recharge???

Search SB member PatMyGreen ! Runs a charter boat out of Panama City Beach!

...blah, blah, blah...

Then why carry them? Your buds have obviously figured out that they aren't necessary.

Don't make assumptions about other people's diving because they have a cave diving photo in their avatar. Get your head out of your ass and do a little research. :shakehead:

No, I was just trying to pick up some pointers on getting started. LOL Are there any good beach dives that are legal to spear at? It's just illegal to spear on jetties in Florida but not in Alabama? Is that correct?

You can't spearfish a certain distance off Florida beaches, piers, and jetties. You can spearfish any jetty or beach dive in Alabama.

Well it looks like I did my research,so you do yours. We have a powerhead and have no plan of using it, unless need be, looks like you have never been bumped or tenderized before? I just acept the FACTS, sharks attack,kill, and eat people including divers. Ever heard of Shark Week, so it looks like you have your theory and I have mine on powerheads. Oh just wondering why they have shark attack files and statics, located in Cape Town South Africa. So lets agree to dissagree on this issue, and both countinue to dive safley.

As I stated in an earlier post, I have never carried a powerhead, have never felt the need. But a couple of friends of mine carry powerheads. I don't have a problem with them carrying. I know these guys will never use a powerhead unless absolutely necessary. They feel safer, more secure knowing that they have that backup. Besides, at Panama City we have acouple of Phd engineers who are having a blast trying to design the perfect powerhead. They've built acouple of really good designs already and are constantly refining their deisgns.

You can't spearfish a certain distance off Florida beaches, piers, and jetties. You can spearfish any jetty or beach dive in Alabama.

Thanks. Didn't know it included the beaches also in Florida.

Thanks. Didn't know it included the beaches also in Florida.

That's within 100 yards of any public swimming beach.

FWC Saltwater Fishing Regulations - Spearing

From the web site:

You may NOT spearfish (excluding bowhunting and gigging) as described below:

■Spearfishing of marine and freshwater species in freshwater is prohibited. Possession of a spear gun in or on freshwater is also prohibited.
■Within 100 yards of a public swimming beach, any commercial or public fishing pier, or any part of a bridge from which public fishing is allowed.
■Within 100 feet of any part of a jetty that is above the surface of the sea – except for the last 500 yards of a jetty that extends more than 1,500 yards from the shoreline.
■In Collier County and in Monroe County from Long Key north to the Dade County line.
■For any fish for which spearing is expressly prohibited by law (listed above).
■In any body of water under the jurisdiction of the Environmental Protection, Recreation and Parks. (Possession of spearfishing equipment is prohibited in these areas, unless it is unloaded and properly stored.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom