Spearing Lion Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCC is outside the Marine Park, and we have seen them there and next door at Hotel Cozumel. We always report sightings to the dive shop, and they always tell us someone will go get it in the next 24 hours. I have no idea if they do for sure, but I would hope they do.

For those that want to, we run Lion Fish kill trips to the north frequently. We have located 5 very nice new sites quite a ways north of Barracuda and intend to go there more frequently. Even in front of the Villa Aldora, on the wall we find many.

Unfortunately there are plenty to kill. I am told that one prolific ladyl got an 18 inch one last week!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Dave, working on some folks to head to those new north sites.... I am STILL dying to go and can't get there!

And Robint, how much hassle is it to get in the water at Hotel Cozumel? Be glad to go kills some lionfish there, but SCC was beyond a pain to enter, even when a guest had invited me

Last edited:
When I was staying at BA last year I would go out almost every late afternoon for 60-80 minutes shore diving.
Always took a Hawaiian sling with me and from the stingray pen to villablanca I would spear anywhere from 2-4 each day.
Most were fairly small.
Brought along a bag to collect a few soda and beer cans as well.

Thanks for the info everyone. My dive buddy is excited to try his Hawaiin sling! A special thanks to Blue Steel for the specific post on BA!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom