Specific Boat Diving Gear Management

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a Stahlsac Bonaire mesh backpack for almost 3 years now. It is huge. Big enough to hold my and my ex-'s gear at the same time. I.e. 2 x BCDs, 2 x wetsuits, 2 x pairs of fins, etc.. I am still constantly amazed that it has held all that stuff - wet! - on more than one occasion for carrying back and forth between boat and dock/car and it still does not have any rips or tears. That is including my stainless steel back plate and wing rig, too, as my BCD. And, numerous times, also 4 x 1# weights that I usually keep in my bag. It is amazingly strong. And yet, once I've pulled everything out, it takes up almost zero room under my bench on a boat.
I've used Akona mesh backpacks for years, easy to carry everything, even over long distances. It's amazing how heavy everything is in a mesh duffel. They take up almost no room under your dive seat. I detest all the large rolling duffels you have to walk around as they take up too much space. Unless a tub fits under the dive bench, it is in the same detested category. Nothing worse than dodging a bunch of luggage in big seas on a crowded boat.

Back
Top Bottom