Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am probably going to change my set up in the next month or so.

Currently have a console with depth gauge and SPG in it as supplied with my original kit. I am looking at a computer with AI so will probably get rid of the console, remove the depth gauge (it is redundant as the computer will give my my depth more accurately) and refit the SPG directly as a backup (probably routed to my shoulder D ring for ease as well as minimal hose length).

FWIW, your computer makes more sense on your right arm, since you will be using the left for adding or dumping air and it's handy to be able to see your depth while doing so.

This has not worked for me. If you do a lot of night or dark (overead) diving, you need to hold a light in the right hand to illuminate you SPG. And you really need to be able to light up your computer in the same way. *Unless you have a perm backlit computer, or a light on your mask. (which I don't like).

@Dan_T How did you connect the hoses from your first stage regulator? It looks like you have the octopus and SPG on the right side. Is the second stage on the left side or is it hidden?

@Dan_T How did you connect the hoses from your first stage regulator? It looks like you have the octopus and SPG on the right side. Is the second stage on the left side or is it hidden?

I have Scubapro 1st stage (forgot which model) with 2 high pressure (HP) ports on left & right side & I think 4 low pressure (LP) ports (don't have access to it now, as I'm in the office. I'll take a picture & post it here later, when I'm home).

HP ports
the left HP port, I connect it to the Cobra2. the right HP port, I connect it to the SPG.

LP ports
The right side LP port, I connect it to the 2nd stage primary regulator. Next to the right LP port (still closer to the right side), I connect it to the octopus. The 3rd LP port on the left side, I connect it to the BCD inflators. The 4th LP port, which is facing to the back of my neck, I keep it plugged.

Last edited:
IMG_4514.JPG

Above picture shows how I connect the HP & LP ports. I think my 1st stage is the old model Scobapro MK25AF/S600 with 4 LP & 2 HP ports. I bought it in early 2005. The newer model has 5 LP & 2 HP ports.

I use 1/4" HP hoses (the 2 skinny black hoses on top HP ports). The right side one goes to my SPG. The left side one goes to my Suunto Cobra2 dive computer.

I keep standard 3/8" hoses for the 3 LP application (the 3 fat yellow, blue & black hoses on bottom LP ports). The blue hose goes to my primary 2nd stage. The yellow hose goes to my octo. The black hose goes to the BCD inflator. The 4th LP port is capped up.

The 1st stage is set up upside down to avoid my head from bumping onto it when I do a back roll into the water. Also if the gear ever falls off the boat deck due to a big wave hitting the boat & the gear is not being fastened securely, it'll minimized from potential damage when the gear hits the floor. The reg will be tucked in & hiddened behind the tank valve. Having the HP ports on top also makes strapping the SPG hose easier over the shoulder strap, as shown in earlier picture I posted.

Last edited:
I'm opposite the majority in that I clip my console across my chest to the right side. No dangling as a result. No retractor--compass close and easy to use.

I also like the console... clipped to lower left D ring.. Easy to use and see...

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom