Spiegel grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told that they dont see color they see shades and if you have short or bald head they may bite.....same with hands they require you to have gloves too....

Make yourself look more like a seal for when the white shark shows up. Great idea.

This is true? I thought you folks were joking. The sharks don't recognize a person as a person if they're bald? Amazing, sincerely.

Consider the context; a guy with a milk crate with chopped up fish holds out a piece, and whichever shark cruises through gets offered it.

Aways over to the side, a diver in a black wetsuit with no gloves is watching that, and maybe his arm is sticking out to the side, and his hand is out a bit. If there's no dark glove, and the diver's caucasian, that hand might look like a piece of fish right about the time this other shark cruises by behind or beside him.

As for the bald head, since sharks lack hands and investigate with their mouths, well...

I suspect some of this is based in speculation, but it's reasonable and rational. With some exceptions (yellow octo. hoses seemed to get a pass), brightly colored gear wasn't recommended (that's why I ordered my Deep6 fins black, not orange), wear gloves, if bald wear a hood.

Richard.

I used to have a pet mamba named Hans. He used to come to church with me on Sundays. People used to pet him and say: “ Good snake”. He never bit anyone except a bald minister once. People said: ”Look, he bit the minister”, and everyone giggled.

These are from Spiegel this morning! Absolutely amazing!

IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg

Shark diving is always dangerous. You never know when some eco-minded conservationist is going to show up and start tossing grenades among the sharks. Making the shark divers into collateral damage.

What, the dive operators forgot to mention that?

Shark diving is always dangerous. You never know when some eco-minded conservationist is going to show up and start tossing grenades among the sharks. Making the shark divers into collateral damage.

What, the dive operators forgot to mention that?

Lay off the pipe, you had enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom