Split fins/Frog Kick...No problems..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver once bubbled...

You've got a really bad attitude. I just asked a couple of simple questions. No threats. No attacks.

Oh yes, My fault entirely. Please except my apoligies. Now that, that is out of the way...

So, why did you ask me those "couple" four questions? Are you shopping around? I'll be happy to help you out.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

Oh yes, My fault entirely. Please except my apoligies. Now that, that is out of the way...

So, why did you ask me those "couple" four questions? Are you shopping around? I'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks, but I've got a well stocked LDS here in town that I use.

I was just trying to figure out if there was a bias in what you sell.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

You first. Go ahead and bet me. LOL

When I first opened my shop I bought a few pairs to stock because they were so popular. I still have every single pair.

I would sell them if I had the chance but I tell every one what I think of them so it makes it hard to sell em.

Your very own works proved me right. It wouldn't stop you from selling them.

detroit diver once bubbled...

Thanks, but I've got a well stocked LDS here in town that I use.

I was just trying to figure out if there was a bias in what you sell.

Not really bias when it comes to fins, that's a fact. Maybe some other things but I've always tried to sale what is best for that customer. I personally have some free diving full foots (my favorites), Genesis Aquaflex (Good fins), and my TUSA splits (Great fins). I have several pairs of Old jets that I used throughout the 80's and early 90's but they are retired collecting dust now.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

Ahhh....Someone finally brought up DIR/GUE and can't take responsibilty for it. Imagine that.

O, I see, because a few of us have no problems with split fins and are trying to help others...We are Anti-DIR-FA.

When have we ever "bashed" the jet fins. I've said they work great for some folks but I prefer the splits. Heaven forbid that someone is to like splits over jets....My bad.

Good luck with your adventures.

And you where waiting for(or baiting ) someone to mention DIR/GUE so you could make a point; but you made none. So I answered the call and you cried foul, because your retoric is so blantant your true colors are shining through. Look sport, when you grab the tail of the tiger your going to get bit every time. When you aggravate someone into a fight, and then get punched in the grill don't shift the blame like you did nothing wrong. I could care less if you use splits or Jets. I could care less if your DIR,PADI,YMCA, IANTD,FBI,CIA,NAACP or put out an APB for anyone who's GUE! Just agree to disagree get better and go diving. But YOU bring all this stuff down on you because of your attitude. No one wishes you harm because your not "DIR" (certainly not I), and know one that I know is going to call you anything "DIRogatory" because your way of diving is different. I'm not slamming you, your diving style or your choice of gear. Just relize people dive differently, and everyone is passionate about their choices...including you; and then we'll all get along better.

Best Regards,

boomx5 once bubbled...

And you where waiting for(or baiting ) someone to mention DIR/GUE so you could make a point;
You should have titled this one "RAPALA" Cincy.

chrpai once bubbled...

Your very own works proved me right. It wouldn't stop you from selling them.

I'm not sure I get your point. I've never sold a pair and I suppose that's because I tell people that I think they're junk and that I don't let students use them in class. If some one like cincy, for instance, insisted that they wanted them I would sell them. So?

I also closed my shop, at a rather large loss, because I refuse to sell diving, in general, the way the manufacturers and agencies want it sold. I found that running a retail shop and teaching was a conflict of interest that I wasn't comfortable with and that I wasn't willing to do what it would take to make good on my investment. I got out of my lease, rented a truck, locked the door and that was that. I still carry a few products and teach a few classes. I am, however very selective about who I teach, how I teach and what manufacturers I deal with. For instance, none of the companies that I currently do business with make or sell split fins.

Now exactly what is it that you are right about? Or do you even know?

boomx5 once bubbled...

And you where waiting for(or baiting ) someone to mention DIR/GUE so you could make a point; but you made none. So I answered the call and you cried foul, because your retoric is so blantant your true colors are shining through. Look sport, when you grab the tail of the tiger your going to get bit every time. When you aggravate someone into a fight, and then get punched in the grill don't shift the blame like you did nothing wrong. I could care less if you use splits or Jets. I could care less if your DIR,PADI,YMCA, IANTD,FBI,CIA,NAACP or put out an APB for anyone who's GUE! Just agree to disagree get better and go diving. But YOU bring all this stuff down on you because of your attitude. No one wishes you harm because your not "DIR" (certainly not I), and know one that I know is going to call you anything "DIRogatory" because your way of diving is different. I'm not slamming you, your diving style or your choice of gear. Just relize people dive differently, and everyone is passionate about their choices...including you; and then we'll all get along better.

Best Regards,

Boom Boom,

First of all, calm down! Take a breath but don't hold it.

2nd of all.....I had no point. I wanted to know why so many people claim they have problems with split fins when I have none.

I'm sorry that I don't have any problems with the splits and it apparently pisses you off for whatever reason.

It's pretty simple really. It's ashame you've turned something nice and simple into a DIR/GUE or whatever thing.

Good luck with your adventures.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

You should have titled this one "RAPALA" Cincy.

LOL

I guess I'll just title everything DIR or GUE since someone will always bring it up.

I started a thread about the black australian lobster. Wonder if it's to late to change that one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom