Split from Exploration dives without a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
No need. I broke with my own rules regarding posting here, and I should have known better. It's done.

You DIR guys have got to get a sense of humor. :D

redhatmama:
:multi:

redhatmama:

I have a pretty good one. But it ends at personal attacks.

I want to play nice. I like them both...I'm going to make silly jokes everytime I see a quarrel brewing.

redhatmama:
On scubaboard, it seems that tourists are taken on hair-raising, trust-me dives, but in real life, I think it is rather rare.
That's kind of like saying that you never speed in your car, just because you haven't gotten a ticket.

Tourists get taken on hair-raising trust-me dives pretty often in real life. It just doesn't kill very many of them. :)

Charlie99:
That's kind of like saying that you never speed in your car, just because you haven't gotten a ticket.

Tourists get taken on hair-raising trust-me dives pretty often in real life. It just doesn't kill very many of them. :)

On my last dive trip to Cozumel, 2 of the boats from my dive op were playing chicken, buzzing each other very close. I asked if Dave (the owner) gets upset when they run into each other. The response was, "No, only when we break the boats." I think the dive ops get upset when they kill the customers, and probably buzzing them is not a good idea either. Customers complain, boats don't

redhatmama:
I want to play nice. I like them both...I'm going to make silly jokes everytime I see a quarrel brewing.

Aww.. that's sweet. :05:

PerroneFord:
Yes. In hope that actual DIR divers will take a few minutes correcting me, and perhaps dispelling some myths that have been propogated, or some information that might simply be wrong.

So until I have a fairly complete understand of DIR, I will keep posting, asking questions, and I suppose I will continue to the butt of your jokes. Meanwhile guys like Pug, Bob, and others further my knowledge and help me correct my mistakes.

Thanks for nothing. As usual.

there is a huge difference between posting something as an answer to a question and posting a question. Posting an answer that is wrong with the hope of someone correcting you to get the right answer just doesn't make any sense and just confuses the issue. Someone asked a question about a standard mix and you answered with 29%. Apparently that isn't the case and though someone did correct you now someone has to weed through two different answers and figure out which is the right one. Why not just let someone else answer?
If you want an answer ask a question and everyone will benefit from the correct answer.

PerroneFord:
Aww.. that's sweet. :05:

Get smart with me and I'll bop you on the head with a deco cylinder...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom