Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a small group of people from my fiancee's school coming in Saturday. They are fun people and she told them how much fun the campfires get. I am sure that they will enjoy our hospitality. They are bringing a large trailer and a generator as well.

I late afternoon dive would be perfect.

I will likely arrive about 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon. I am also looking for a dive along the road will be looking to dive at about 3:00 or 4:00 after I get checked in and unpacked.

I am looking forward to seeing you all :) .

Here is the Meet-n-Greet FAQ

Q: Who can come to the MeetNGreet?
A: Any Scubaboard member, their family and friends are invited.

Q: What time does MNG Start?
A: Gtxl1200-Ted, Cldwdiver-Dave, Barracuda2-Denny Will arrive approximately 10:00am Friday. Ted and Dave will remain until Sunday afternoon.

Q: Why is it at Gilboa Quarry?
A: We have the MNG at Gilboa Quarry because we use it all weekend; we stay on the property the whole weekend. Some people have enough gear to fill a utility trailer and once they set it up, they like to leave it set up for the weekend. Also, we don't have to transport our gear to the entry points; Once geared up, we are within walking distance to go diving. It works for our needs.

Q: What are the water temps that time of year?
A: The water temps that time of year range right around 50 degrees in the shallows, and around 40 or less around the tubes at 60'.

Q: I only have a 3mil wet suit; will that be enough?
A: Read above on Water temps; that's your call.

Q: I'm not certified yet; I just started my classes, but I lurk on Scubaboard all the time. Can I come?
A: Absolutely, What better way to get ahead of your classmates then to spend the weekend with divers. Of course we won't let you dive.
The evening campfires alone are worth the trip!

Q: I don't have a dive buddy, can I come? Will someone be my buddy?
A: There will be plenty of people to buddy up with. Usually just ask who is ready to dive, or when someone else says, "who wants to dive?" just join in.

Q: What it the camping like at Gilboa?
A: Camping at Gilboa is primitive with portable type toilets. There are showers-toilets up by the main office. Just grab an open camping spot and set up your tent. The end of the road is the MnG gathering place, but some people like to set up closer to the water entry points. You can share spots; also there is not a one tent per spot rule at Gilboa.

Q: Will I need to Bring anything?
A: Gtxl1200 has his 5th wheel camper (the bunkhouse) with a Generator; he has most everything that will be needed for cooking. Mitten-Diver-John brings the MnG Chest full of plates, cups, plasticware etc. We have a pot-luck dinner on Saturday afternoon. We ask that you bring something for that. Bring whatever else you might think you will need. The bunkhouse has a refrigerator and stove and microwave for those that will be bringing food that needs to be kept cold and food that needs to be heated..

A Simple rule
What happens at Meet N Greet stays at Meet N Greet.

We have a small group of people from my fiancee's school coming in Saturday. They are fun people and she told them how much fun the campfires get. I am sure that they will enjoy our hospitality. They are bringing a large trailer and a generator as well.

how many single females in the bunch? :D

By midnight around the Meet n Greet campfire ..... Everything is going to seem special and funny. :)

We could always melt something for him as a momento of the occaision. :D

Hey, no melting my bottles - I reuse them! If they all get melted I'll have to buy more before I brew my next batch.

Ken

The latest... I'm back from PA but down with a nasy, nasty cold. Guess the events of the last couple weeks caught up with me. Hopefully I'll make it Saturday if not Friday.

Brett is still planning on attending. He figured he'd bring hash browns and popcorn so he could show off his nifty new fire fueled popcorn popper he got for Christmas.

Paula

The latest... I'm back from PA but down with a nasy, nasty cold. Guess the events of the last couple weeks caught up with me. Hopefully I'll make it Saturday if not Friday.

Brett is still planning on attending. He figured he'd bring hash browns and popcorn so he could show off his nifty new fire fueled popcorn popper he got for Christmas.

Paula

I hope you can make it Saturday. I am only there that day and looking forward to meeting you.

Ariel will be FAR ENOUGH "single female" for any male meet & greeter to try to handle..... The teacher trio is much more calm they are a 22 yr old male, 58 yr old retired male teacher, 62 year old female teacher.

And Ariel.... Well....... Heh! Kathleen says she is I-N-D-E-S-C-R-I-B-A-B-L-E. She may come off as a bit of an "air head" but she is actually a member of MENSA, (doesn't like to admit it though). I guess Ariel got a bad reputation in college for being wild but really she never cheated on any of her many boyfriends and she didn't really "sleep around" just was known for her numerous feats of "good air consumption"? (guess she might make a good diver, eh?). Aparently, she is quite the dance instructor/gymnast she dances as light as a feather I am told, and is very "bendy" Kathleen tells me. Hmmm.... Good luck to my crew! :eyebrow:
:no:

Ariel will be FAR ENOUGH "single female" for any male meet & greeter to try to handle..... The teacher trio is much more calm they are a 22 yr old male, 58 yr old retired male teacher, 62 year old female teacher.

And Ariel.... Well....... Heh! Kathleen says she is I-N-D-E-S-C-R-I-B-A-B-L-E. She may come off as a bit of an "air head" but she is actually a member of MENSA, (doesn't like to admit it though). I guess Ariel got a bad reputation in college for being wild but really she never cheated on any of her many boyfriends and she didn't really "sleep around" just was known for her numerous feats of "good air consumption"? (guess she might make a good diver, eh?). Aparently, she is quite the dance instructor/gymnast she dances as light as a feather I am told, and is very "bendy" Kathleen tells me. Hmmm.... Good luck to my crew! :eyebrow:
:no:

I see for some reason a Block in my future. It is always nice to have Hopes and Dreams though.

should be there a lil' over an hour from now... I'll be bringin' a Tub O' Nuts :) (raw, unsalted almonds good healthy energy)

Cya' there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom