Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome. Saw a shark trying to eat a puffer.. and the puffer survived! Saw a guitar fish. Ok vis, ok current, buddies good.

Hmmmm, not sure if I have ever heard of a guitar fish. Sounds like a blast. Have you posted pictures somewhere?

WVDiver:
I see you are going to be diving out of Wilmington NC. I would highly recommend Aquatic Safaris for your diving. Call them at 392-4-fun.

Thanks for the recommendation. I read other good recommendations here on SB after I ran across their website while researching for an outfit in the area. I contacted them about a month ago and they appear to be a class act. I don't mind saying, I'm psyched as all get out for the trip. Haven't made our mind up yet on what dive(s) to do but was assured we wouldn't have any problem setting up something we would be pleased with.
:D

irishsquid:
Thanks for the recommendation. I read other good recommendations here on SB after I ran across their website while researching for an outfit in the area. I contacted them about a month ago and they appear to be a class act. I don't mind saying, I'm psyched as all get out for the trip. Haven't made our mind up yet on what dive(s) to do but was assured we wouldn't have any problem setting up something we would be pleased with.
:D

I did my first ocean dives with them. They were great. Have fun and dive safe.

WVDiver:
I did my first ocean dives with them. They were great. Have fun and dive safe.

The only way! :14:

WVDiver:
Hmmmm, not sure if I have ever heard of a guitar fish. Sounds like a blast. Have you posted pictures somewhere?
No pictures, but the guitarfish is in the REEF ID book, in the ray section. Of course no pictures, only memories... :)

Back to the spring straps....best purchase I've ever made. Easy as putting on a pair of slippers. You will wonder why you waited so long to get a pair.

As per the ORIGINAL post in this thread... the spring straps are fabulous.
I have Apollo Bios, for which dedicated straps can be ordered. However, that entails permanently clipping off the "nub" that allows standard straps to be installed.

Instead, I bought Innovative's spring straps (for $22 -- the Apollos were >$60), which install right over the original nub (after removing the default straps and clips). Excellent accessory... Went through a rescue class, and being able to pop those things on and off in an instant was prime...

Hallmac:
When you have them in the correct length and tension you wonder why they ever had anything else. Too short or too long and you'll curse them and wonder why you ever tried them.
That would explain why I have so much trouble with mine. I really have to pull at them.......and it bugs me to no end!

I think I'm going to buy it one size larger......sighs. What a waste of money down the drain because of my lack of foresight for not understanding the situation right off the bat. I just thought it was me. Sighs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom