St Kitts Trip Report 2/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Irie1029, your trip report is informative and just plain terrific. I would like to dive St. Kitts and Nevis but because getting there from mainland USA is burdensome, I thought of bundling St. Kitts with another island dive. Have you dived on another close by island?

No I did not dive any other islands nearby. I did snorkel St Martin. It would be no problem for me to spend 2 weeks on kitts. I really hope to go back next spring for 2 weeks.

would like to dive St. Kitts and Nevis but because getting there from mainland USA is burdensome, I thought of bundling St. Kitts with another island dive.

I don't know where you live, but if you can get to San Juan, American Eagle has a daily flight to both St. Kitts and Nevis. There is also a flight to St. Kitts form JFK in New York two or three times a week.

You can fly direct to St. Kitts from JFK, Philadelphia, Charlotte, San Juan, and Miami.

The San Juan flights are daily, and the Miami (United) is 6 days a week.

I'm from Chicago, and when I'd go home to visit, I flew SKB-MIA, then MIA-O'Hare. SKB-MIA is about a 4 hr flight.

Hope that helps.

I am not joe experienced diver have 35 dives most all in Curacao and Aruba so take my comments as such. Spent 10 glorious days in St Kitts. People on this Island are the friendliest. We stayed at the Marriott villas dove with ProDivers. Auston. We did 8 dives all of them were really fabulous. There were maybe 8 total divers on the boat per average dive including me and my wife we all had plenty of room and it was very calm pace. Everyone dove at their own pace and came back as they needed to. Each site was different. From wrecks to reefs to wrecks on a reef. The dives on Monkey Shoals were probably the best. Auston determines where to dive based on the conditions and what the divrs want..

The water was 74 or 75 awesome viz was on avg 75 feet +. 3mil full was fine for me. We saw rays, turtle, shark, morey eel, puffer fish, many lobster and as I prefer little stuff and there was an abundance of sponges, corals, and critters Typically the first dives were to about 70 feet and second 50 I really like the mix of dives and the pace. Everyone is given a computer (I used my own) to help manage their dive. Pretty smart if you think about it. I could not have had a better time diving as you dive to your skill level. As a side note Jerome was the deck hand and he was great at helping with the gear.

Topside (we prefer off resort) and ate at Buddies the first and last night with awesome BBQ ribs.. tell me you found better ribs and you are lying. Mr X Shiggidy Shack had ÅÚummy lobsta (my wife is from Cape Cod) Fire man on Thursday at Shiggidy is not to be missed. PJÃÔ Italian was really good as well.... I had Pizza with ravioli appetizer wife had Chicken Parm and really liked it. Rock Lobster was ok not great Serendipity was recommended but wow very expensive for the value. The best of the trip was Valerie at Marriott Cigar Bar for our nightly night cap. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable bar I ever enjoyed she really does a great job making you feel at home. If you have further questions PM me. Yeah we are going back. But not through Miami!!

Hi again irie1029, will email you soon, but have to announce that I finally got the website up and running. So take a look at St Kitts Scuba Diving - mystkittsdivebuddy- the underwater world on the island of St Kitts. Putting it here because I think others may find it useful.
Terry xxx

Terry, thanks for the link... just got back from Bahamas "work" trip got in several dives but most important so did Debbie and thanks for all the pointers you gave her she is enjoying diving. Yipee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom