St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just dove lock 21 this afternoon the water was a balmy 48 degrees

---------- Post added November 5th, 2015 at 10:33 PM ----------

Yep I'll be diving till the ice covers the river and even then I don't think it will stop me much well nothing a chainsaw can't fix

Ok just dI'd a drift dive this afternoon at lock 21 water temp was 50f yeah I know not many of you are diving and have hung up your fins for the season but it was a great dive with great vis gonna be diving at the cornwall harbor moving junk on saturday and Sunday I will be doing a drift dive at the bottle dump in morrisburgh but that may change to lock 21 I will keep you all posted with the water Temps

If you need a dive partner let me know im still diving

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

diving dry or wet?

Are they really dumping raw sewage in it?

Yup, though there are plenty of cities in canada whos overflow pushes sewage into waterways. For exmaple; Ottawa overflow sends sewage into the Ottawa River which leads to the St. Lawrence and that's been going on for decades. I was watching the news a few days ago and they showed a list of 5-6 major Canadian cities that routinly dump into waterways. It had numbers of how much gets dumped by each city but I can't really comprehend the scale in the first place; what does 8billion litres of water look like? I haven't found that list online yet.

Yes I'm diving dry and just for kick an above ground swimming pool holds about 25k liters of water

---------- Post added November 13th, 2015 at 02:02 PM ----------

To put this in perspective 600,000 gallons flows over niagara falls every second

Any city with a combined sewer system is almost certain to have overflow events pushing sewerage into their waterways. On top of those who dump deliberately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom