St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's no need for it sewage plants can get upgraded and need to be upgraded as far as I'm concerned the city's should get very heavy fines for their infractions say 1000 dollars for every gallon of raw sewage dumped

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 06:33 AM ----------

Any city with a combined sewer system is almost certain to have overflow events pushing sewerage into their waterways. On top of those who dump deliberately.

So what your saying is its ok for a city to dump raw sewage into a river but let's say poor little Joe smith on his boat has a catastrophic failure on his boat and somehow dumps raw sewage into the river the the environment police are gonna fine him and crucify him I don't agree with these double standards.

We are a 1st world country this should not be happening

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 06:46 AM ----------

Sorry for the high jack maybe a mod can move this to its own thread

I don't think anyone is saying it's OK for a city to dump raw sewage into a river. Sewage plants are getting upgraded. Montreal is upgrading theirs and that's why they are dumping, I'm not suggesting that's a legitimate reason to dump raw sewage but in this case that's the reason.
FYI for those looking at this thread to find out about St. Lawrence River temperature who are not familiar with the area, the dive sites mentioned here are 200 km upstream of where this dumping is happening.

It was 10 C on the Kinghorn last weekend.

There's no need for it sewage plants can get upgraded and need to be upgraded as far as I'm concerned the city's should get very heavy fines for their infractions say 1000 dollars for every gallon of raw sewage dumped

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 06:33 AM ----------

So what your saying is its ok for a city to dump raw sewage into a river but let's say poor little Joe smith on his boat has a catastrophic failure on his boat and somehow dumps raw sewage into the river the the environment police are gonna fine him and crucify him I don't agree with these double standards.

We are a 1st world country this should not be happening

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 06:46 AM ----------

Sorry for the high jack maybe a mod can move this to its own thread

Where did I say it was OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Oh, right, I did not. Acknowledging reality does not endorse it.

Mine says 39... Wierd

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 09:28 PM ----------

It felt more like 50-53f

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I overheard someone saying that it was around 45F at Brockville last weekend. Wetsuit season is starting!

Water is warming up quick. I got 58-59F last night on the Rothesay.

with warm waters comes algea bloom. Viz suck in the summer. I only dive St- Lawrence in early spring anf late fall for this reason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom