Staged Deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by rjack321
Not exactly a teammate leaving you in the water while he decided he was done huh?
Actually, we agreed that it was ok for him to do so before we got into the water, as I still had my regular buddy for company I didn´t even feel lonely...

Jay Roy:
Nothing like getting your diving education from Wikipedia....

PM sent.

beejw:
for this i apologise.

No need to apologize...Even though I agree with the particulars of some of the posters explanations regarding stage bottles, stages, deco bottles...I'm sure they know that these terms are used interchangeably and always have been.

miketsp:

Jay Roy be in trouble...Ouch!!!...Can you say learning curve:rofl3:

rawls:
Jay Roy be in trouble...Ouch!!!...Can you say learning curve:rofl3:
:popcorn:

Why, do you suppose, have so many Ontario divers been working so hard these past couple of years to disabuse the longstanding reputation Canadians had as polite and well-mannered folks?

Then again, it may be that the ScubaBoard Universal Translator broke down - for the Americans on this board, perhaps "Jay Roy" should have been converted to "Billy Bob" so that we could have an archetype to use as a reference. :crafty:

reefraff:
Why, do you suppose, have so many Ontario divers been working so hard these past couple of years to disabuse the longstanding reputation Canadians had as polite and well-mannered folks?

It's awful to say but totally true from my experience here as well. What's up with that?

--Matt

reefraff:
Then again, it may be that the ScubaBoard Universal Translator broke down - for the Americans on this board, perhaps "Jay Roy" should have been converted to "Billy Bob" so that we could have an archetype to use as a reference. :crafty:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

im staying switzerland on this one...mostly because im australian :D

meh. popcorn. :popcorn:

reefraff:

Didn't know we took over Chicago..... It's cold enough for us anyway.

Complaining about the abuse and then doing the same thing yourself in the next sentence kind of makes the complaint a little weak. The fact that he is right is usually beside the point on scubaboard I am finding, which is more and more the reason I waste less of my free time here.

Seems to me the correct answers given here were made by those actually doing these types of dives (Jay and Soggy to name a couple) vs those cyber's that read and post about it only. Unfortunately the OP didn't know the misleading question he had posed, which was really nobody's fault. Fortunately it's been cleared up and he's probably learned a thing or two in the process.

Scuba_Steve:
Seems to me the correct answers given here were made by those actually doing these types of dives (Jay and Soggy to name a couple) vs those cyber's that read and post about it only. Unfortunately the OP didn't know the misleading question he had posed, which was really nobody's fault. Fortunately it's been cleared up and he's probably learned a thing or two in the process.
I wasn't challenging Jay Roy on the basis of his opinion, only the delivery. To that extent you are correct, whether he is right or not is not at issue. The fact remains that Jay Roy wasn't trying to be helpful with his offensive post - there is no question that it was his intent to be insulting and dismissive and that only rarely abets a conversation. Therein lies the lesson.

Your criticism of my post, for the same reasons I was criticizing Jay Roy, has some basis. With my apologies to the many folks, Canadian and otherwise, who would never stoop to such a shallow and mean-spirited attack as mine, my intent was to give him a little jab before he gets set in his ways and his post count gets into double digits. Crude, indeed, but I thought it might be illustrative to offer him a dish of what he had been serving up.

Hopefully Jay Roy will survive the smack I gave him - I suspect he can take the punishment. :wink:

Peace to all.

actually, whether he is right or not is the issue when people are looking for answers. believe it or not some people around here do talk out of their asses, and are wrong.

If I was challenged by a dim-wit Wikipedia based knowledge post, I'd probably laugh at the entire situation myself.

I can assure you any type of abuse in cyber world probably wouldn't happen face to face with the guy. Not for very long anyway.

His post count has long been into triple digits, he just decided like a lot of us to give a face and name to his comments vs. hiding behind the facade that the internet allows.

For the record, not that it should matter when discussing scuba, I'm probably America's biggest fan up here in Taxada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom