Started Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cameron,

I will disagree with you on that point. When I first got interested in rebreathers, about a year ago...I started researching and it was quite apparent the difference in equipment and mindset that was required.

Yes, I didn't know this ahead of time, but it didn't take long to find it out.

I'm sure most members have come across this section, either on accident or curiosity....even then, it doesn't take but one thread to realize there is alot more to this than OC.

:)

Jason

Yes you are right.
I jumped on that a little too harshly.
Unfortunatly I know people who actually own rebreathers but still treat it with an OC mindset.

Al Mialkovsky:
It's gonna cost me isn't it, it's gonna cost me big.
Yep, pretty much! You'll want a dive computer with the cable to the inhalation bag so your PPO2 displays on your computer, so you can get rid of the oxyguage. You'll want to start using ExtendAir instead of all that sodalime. It goes on, and on, and on. . .!
But, you have to spend your money on something?

We'll have what we need. So far we haven't taken any shortcuts with scuba. Our kids are resigned to the fact that all they will inherit is some cool scuba stuff and the remaining 12 bucks in our checking account.

So do we look like we suck?
0b158b1a-53df-4417-b2d2-6d69c5a4e773.jpg

It was fun.

Looking good there, Al.
And having a wife that shares the rebreather passion greatly reduces the chance of hyperspousia. :wink:
Dive safe
Stefan

Al Mialkovsky:
It's gonna cost me isn't it, it's gonna cost me big.

Well, there are many 2nd hand Dolphins around and the modify it to CCR with KISS parts is not difficult. This way, you can still dive SCR if you really wanted to.

But, I too am looking to get a KISS. :wink:

cameron:
forget the darkside thing...
"I appreciate the turn it on and dive ability of the Inspiration"
This is a bad thing to say on a rebreather thread. NO unit is turn on and dive. They ALL require a fair amount of pre-dive planning.
Can I rephrase that slightly?
Not planning but preperation.
I dive exactly the same rig from 6 to 60m. Same drills. Same skills. OK maybe not the stages at 6m but all the routines are the same. I really appreciate this. I've got other things to think about in the reason for doing the dive so switch on the Inspiration and switch on the brain and let the routines and mental checklists take over. This is good and this stops me wanting to dive OC again.

And before somebody asks the obvious question about gas it was a weeks 5 to 6m diving last week using 20bar each side for 40 or 60min dives on the same 18/40 that I always use.

Back
Top Bottom