Started Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My wife and I are doing a course right now and using the Dolphin. With over 2500 dives on open circuit right now I can say I feel much like a brand new open water diver. It all seems so new.

Fun stuff, we do two more dives tomorrow at Molokini on Maui. It's a brand new world.

It's gonna cost me isn't it, it's gonna cost me big.

Welcome to "silent diving"! Sounds like you are already hooked! I'm sure we'll be hearing from you soon looking for recommendations on which closed circuit rebreather is the best. That's always a "fun" Scubaboard discussion!

Al Mialkovsky:
My wife and I are doing a course right now and using the Dolphin.

Fun stuff, we do two more dives tomorrow at Molokini on Maui. It's a brand new world.
Hopefully you won't bounce off the reef more than a couple times :wink: It's funny how, even though you know it intellectually, it's so easy to forget and suck in a big breath expecting to lift up over an obstruction.

The buoyancy thing is the worst, that and the mouth fatigue from the frickin dual mouthpiece. I'm gutting up to do the CCR thing after I get back from Indonesia, then I'll be also asking about the "best" rig then.

Al, congratz, man... i've been wanting to do the recycling thing for a while

question:

Charlie99:
it's so easy to forget and suck in a big breath expecting to lift up over an obstruction.

i've heard that breath control with your lungs doesn't work with rebreathers.

why not?

Back
Top Bottom