Started Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
i've heard that breath control with your lungs doesn't work with rebreathers.

why not?
Because there are inhale and exhale counterlungs -- basically rubber bags. Unless you exhale so hard much that you fully inflate the exhale counterlung, or inhale so much that the inhale counterlung bottoms out, then the volume in your lungs + counterlungs stays constant.

I did some dives with a rental Draeger Dolphin SCR. It's was a weird feeling at first. I didn't realize how much I used lung volume for buoyancy control until it didn't work anymore :wink:

wow...

thanks for the info

Al, who are you doing your training with in Maui?

scubanimal:
Al, who are you doing your training with in Maui?
I did it with B&B Scuba in Kihei. The second day went way better for both of us. I was more on top of bouyancy but I'm a long ways from being anything other than a beginner.

I think we're going to end up with a KISS. B&B are dealers for the KISS and I respect Brad enough to listen to him. He is diving an Inspiration and it too is an amazing unit but the cost is high and while I appreciate the turn it on and dive ability of the Inspiration I think I'd appreciate the more hands on method required with the KISS.

I also appreciate the cost of the KISS since I'll have to buy two of them.

Al Mialkovsky:
My wife and I are doing a course right now and using the Dolphin. With over 2500 dives on open circuit right now I can say I feel much like a brand new open water diver. It all seems so new.

Fun stuff, we do two more dives tomorrow at Molokini on Maui. It's a brand new world.

Sounds like fun...I can't wait to try closed circuit...Oh by the way! Happy Birthday!!! 60 is just around the corner... :bday:

Al Mialkovsky:
I did it with B&B Scuba in Kihei. The second day went way better for both of us. I was more on top of bouyancy but I'm a long ways from being anything other than a beginner.

I think we're going to end up with a KISS. B&B are dealers for the KISS and I respect Brad enough to listen to him. He is diving an Inspiration and it too is an amazing unit but the cost is high and while I appreciate the turn it on and dive ability of the Inspiration I think I'd appreciate the more hands on method required with the KISS.

I also appreciate the cost of the KISS since I'll have to buy two of them.

Welcome to the "Dark Side" of diving, young Jedi! :vampire:

Rob

forget the darkside thing...
"I appreciate the turn it on and dive ability of the Inspiration"
This is a bad thing to say on a rebreather thread. NO unit is turn on and dive. They ALL require a fair amount of pre-dive planning. Don't start thinking of getting one unit or the other because of it's supposed ease of operation

Cameron the last thing I want is push button. I think the KISS is right up my alley but I'm a few months away from a purchase so of course things can change.

It is just my concern that alot of people don't relise how much of a shift in mind set a rebreather requires. everything is different....except the underwater thing. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom