Starting Our Certification Path!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or just stay hydrated all the time, not just when you think you need to be for a certain event :wink:

This is actually something that is a surprise to a lot of people. The pool we use is heated to 89-90 degrees, and is indoor. I wear a 3mm vest or one of those 2mm long sleeved shirts. People look at me like I am crazy at first, then a couple hours later are asking if there are any to borrow. After a couple hours, it gets pretty chilly!
Both the water in the pool and the water in the ocean here is 85-90 degrees year round. Even in the pool, my students are in 3 mm wetsuits so they don't get cold.

seubank20, Looks like you're on your way. With the "weekend" course, there is a lot of stuff to learn in a short time. Especially the skills in the pool. A lot of studying of the skills in the manual beforehand will help. I did my OW course nights over 3-4 weeks. A lot of travelling, gas, as we live 1:15 from the shop. Now I only divemaster for the weekend courses and think to myself that I'm glad I did it the longer way (same hours, but time in between to think about what you just learned at the pool). But I would say a majority find the weekend course OK. And you really have no choice living 2 1/2 hours out. Enjoy the journey.

I would say a majority find the weekend course OK. And you really have no choice living 2 1/2 hours out. Enjoy the journey.
Yes, 2.5 hours each way adds a lot to the day! I'd even encourage an overnight for the Saturday night rather than driving back and forth both days. It will help with fatigue and make both days a bit shorter.

Back
Top Bottom