Starting out with bp&w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Mouth Breather I use a "standard" reg set on my students, octo hose is folded and tucked into right chest d-ring, console is bolt snapped to left hip. i used to use weight belts and dont have any problem with that except that it is harder to do remove and replace in water when under the crotch strap, so now i use these HOG 5lb Drop Weight Pockets Small Pair. My students have no problem with hogarthian harness for doff/don drills or anything else for that matter. Lastly, I also spend some time while going over gear in lecture, to show them other regulator options like longhose or primary under arm with short octo on neclace.
this is a student in my most recent class on day 2 (3 hours per day). im not a huge snorkel fan (i use a roll up) but it is required by my agency to be on at all times.
104B1215-A727-4975-98EA-2744F3414AE5.jpeg

I hate to say it but DSS is a great travel wing. STA-less. Folds compactly, weighs little. All gear has its positives and negatives, and the negatives of DSS at the present time (assuming a used wing could be found for sale) have been discussed ad nauseam, so I will leave it at that.
Yes I personally don’t mind the halcyon sta because o know the wing is properly sphereically cut and has kidney dump in proper position.

I’m not slashing Tobins gear in fact I was the opposite in that massive thread which blew up. I was actually joking.

Yes I personally don’t mind the halcyon sta because o know the wing is properly sphereically cut and has kidney dump in proper position.

I’m not slashing Tobins gear in fact I was the opposite in that massive thread which blew up. I was actually joking.

I don't mind STAs either. It's just that if air travel is a consideration, the weight of an STA can be a consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom