Staying Alive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you would think the two Amazon entities would work together, but no such luck....

I created an account with createspace, and bought the book.... that, however, didn't open the possibility of the "discount Kindle option" that I would have taken advantage of. Oh well.....

Thanks for the info. I'll do that and order it. Can't believe either that the two Amazon entities don't talk to each other. I thought better of them than that....

Dave

---------- Post added January 15th, 2014 at 01:22 PM ----------

On it's way to me.

Dave

I just finished "Staying Alive" for the first time (I say first time since I will re-read the book several times, no doubt). I think this book should be required reading for anyone who dives. It is relevant to the least experienced open water dive right up to world record holding deep divers and everyone in between. Steve has a way of distilling information into manageable, easy reading chapters. I am probably the worlds least gifted math student but even I am starting to wrap my head around gas planning and consumption calculations. Thanks Steve and I look forward to beginning my journey into sidemount with you soon.

I just finished "Staying Alive" for the first time (I say first time since I will re-read the book several times, no doubt). I think this book should be required reading for anyone who dives. It is relevant to the least experienced open water dive right up to world record holding deep divers and everyone in between. Steve has a way of distilling information into manageable, easy reading chapters. I am probably the worlds least gifted math student but even I am starting to wrap my head around gas planning and consumption calculations. Thanks Steve and I look forward to beginning my journey into sidemount with you soon.

Thanks, Bob... Appreciate the support. And if you feel like putting a review on Amazon, be my guest! LOL!

I'll have to check this out. Looking forward to a new book to read after I finish Setting the Hook! I need to order Six Skills, too...

Thanks, Bob... Appreciate the support. And if you feel like putting a review on Amazon, be my guest! LOL!

Will do Steve!

Bob

Almost finished my first pass reading the Kindle edition.

One 007 nerd note though: James Bond was MI6. MI5 is the domestic branch.
MI5 = FBI
MI6 = CIA

Those who haven't read the book yet won't know WTH I am on about :D

That's what comes of giving the sense-checking of that chapter to a Californian! LOL... thanks. NOTED and will be changed for next version.

---------- Post added January 29th, 2014 at 05:50 AM ----------

Thanks for the info. I'll do that and order it. Can't believe either that the two Amazon entities don't talk to each other. I thought better of them than that....

Dave

---------- Post added January 15th, 2014 at 01:22 PM ----------

On it's way to me.

Dave

The odd thing is that on the German, UK and other Amazon sites except the US one, the kindle version is advertised as an option on the main Book page. Strange indeed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom