Staying Alive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all the recommendations from very experienced divers, I just purchased my kindle copy. I couldn't find six skills on the kindle.

With all the recommendations from very experienced divers, I just purchased my kindle copy. I couldn't find six skills on the kindle.

Six Skills was on Kindle about a year ago but doesn't seem to be available any longer...

Well this was a misleading thread. I thought that it was about the 1983 movie Staying Alive with John Travolta, and instead it's yet another damn thread about diving. And then the avatar photo of Steve - where is the gold lamé warmup jacket?

Well, since someone has raised the subject I will now share my one complaint -- and it is a significant one -- about this book. Guess what's been stuck in my head for days now? :shakehead:

Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (1977) - YouTube

Other than that, I'm liking the book a lot. I highly recommend it for new divers as they consolidate their early education, and for more experienced divers who can always benefit from a review of this sort. Good job, Steve.

Doppler, why isn't it available anymore?

We had an issue with the many graphics in Six Skills. The translation to Kindle was very poor and I opted to pull the plug. I will be the first to admit that I have been lax in not reformatting the first title... apologies

From recent experience, pictures, drawings, and other graphics in the kindle formatting can be a pain. The less the better which kind of makes sense as the basic kindle and some others were designed for text primarily. If the graphics are just for color and eye breaks it really is better to go all text. Not to mention when you choose different font sizes for the reader it can make pics disappear, move, and break up the text. There is a learning curve. Finding that out fast.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom