Steel 120's on Cozumel ... New Year's Diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damian G. Finch

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Looks like I may have waited too long to book my New Year's dive trip with my favorite (and best in my opinion) divemaster. I still want to to make the trip if possible so I am looking for an alternative operation.

I would really like an operation that dives with Steel 120's and can make a pickup at the Cozumel Palace.

I only know about Aldora. Anybody have an alternative favorite?

Thanks!

Damian

I think there is one called Liquid Blue that uses steel HP120's. We dive Aldora and the steel 120s are just part of the reason. .

Safe Travels,
Jay

My friend Jeremy Anschel has steel 120's, lp, and has a very nice boat, the Jewfish. Home - Living Underwater
Uh, that's who Damien usually dives with Dave. (Unless you are just teasing him). Damien, why don't you just pick different dates? It's not like you have a job you have to be at on Monday...

Uh, that's who Damien usually dives with Dave. (Unless you are just teasing him). Damien, why don't you just pick different dates? It's not like you have a job you have to be at on Monday...

LOL. I know RIGHT ? I always check in with Jeremy this time of the year to insure that I get to dive with him (and even sometimes get to see his family). This year business is great for him. Great for him and Paola, bad for me.

I have spent New Year's on Cozumel for 20 years. I wanna go... I wanna go :)

LOL. I know RIGHT ? I always check in with Jeremy this time of the year to insure that I get to dive with him (and even sometimes get to see his family). This year business is great for him. Great for him and Paola, bad for me.

I have spent New Year's on Cozumel for 20 years. I wanna go... I wanna go :)
He made a new policy/business decision about a year ago and that is that he will only use his own boat and when it's full it's full. Too much of a headache trying to find suitable rental boats and then customers unhappy that he wasn't the DM. So if you want to dive with him now during big holiday periods, you need to book really, really early. I'm fortunate since I am there for a long time and he can usually find a spot for a single diver since I'm pretty flexible. (Yoga helps, ha ha).

He made a new policy/business decision about a year ago and that is that he will only use his own boat and when it's full it's full. Too much of a headache trying to find suitable rental boats and then customers unhappy that he wasn't the DM. So if you want to dive with him now during big holiday periods, you need to book really, really early. I'm fortunate since I am there for a long time and he can usually find a spot for a single diver since I'm pretty flexible. (Yoga helps, ha ha).

I am confident that there is no better divemaster on Cozumel. No one can match him, his crew, or his boat. In fact, I am pretty sure that if you look up "Valet Diving" on Wikipedia, there is a picture of Jeremy and the guys who support him. Living Underwater is the very best of Cozumel.

I think maybe there is a challenge with Internet on Cozumel? I have emailed him a couple of times but I am not getting a response. He is usually "Johnny on the spot" when it comes to his customers.

In any case, his last email said that he can accommodate me for all but one of my travel dates so I will continue to hope that those get confirmed and that I an find another dive operation for the one date that wasn't available.

Who knows, I might even get to dive with YOU one of those days :)

I haven't booked yet either...maybe I should drop him a line and get him to plug me in for a few dates. I usually wait until I'm on the island but with his new practice, that probably isn't a great idea.
In any case, his last email said that he can accommodate me for all but one of my travel dates so I will continue to hope that those get confirmed and that I an find another dive operation for the one date that wasn't available.

Who knows, I might even get to dive with YOU one of those days :)

Liquid Blue offers 120's as well. Kami and Steve run a great operation! Home - Liquid Blue Divers

Ya. Correspondence with Liquid Blue was a pleasure. Only problem is that they don't pickup from the Cozumel Palace...

I have tried 4 times to contact Christi from Blue XT Sea, but I haven't been able to reach her. Anybody know if she is still in business?

Back
Top Bottom