Sticky SiTech dryglove cuffs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Sitech rings are almost impossible to unscrew at the end of each dive. They are clean and I have triend replacing the o-rings several time. Anyone had and resolved this problem?

I use the SI Tech wax. I know someone who tried silicone grease and it worked too well: the rings were very easy to attach, but the gloves popped off in the water.

I use the SI Tech wax. I know someone who tried silicone grease and it worked too well: the rings were very easy to attach, but the gloves popped off in the water.

I have tried paraffin and latex lube. The paraffin made it worse. The lube makes them easier to attach but no easier to remove. Is there another type of wax, maybe drysuit zipper wax?

It is temping to tighten them down excessively at the beginning of the dive. Really this is a design flaw. The design lets you tighten the rings a lot more than needed and then they are hard to take off at the end of the dive. But there is a fix. Try going just a half an inch past first contact.

Mine leaked all the time the first dozen times they were used. Now I push the cuffs together all the way. It never occurred to me that they would seal otherwise!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom